Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 05:42 PM

19,534 posts, read 17,781,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl007 View Post
It took me all of 5 minutes of searching to compare my Plano starter-size home (75093/ WP) to some of the listings in Allen.

Similar home/lot size, and in some cases the home(s) are older but have similar updates/finishes... but in either case, it would be a $50-60K premium for my home in Plano vs. the equivalent in Allen.
And that is the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 05:57 PM

964 posts, read 869,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
And that is the point.
Again. You fail to look at the facts. I can do the exact same in Allen by looking in a different part of Plano. How you don’t get this is beyond me

I suggest you learn how to look at statistics I posted and determine where you went wrong.

My 7th grader could figure this out.

DFW user is correct. You people with your Plano blinders are simply anti any other place.

Ouch what is this

Similar fit and finish. Similar size and similar type

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-00599#photo11
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-19849#photo12

OMG there is a $129,000 premium on the house in Allen. Well that must prove that Allen is far more expensive than Plano

Sucks when it took less than 5 minutes to prove your point incorrect.

Lets translate for you. If you could only spend $550,000 then you could not afford this house in Allen, but could afford it in Plano, thus less $ would not be the deciding factor for you to live in Allen over Plano because it would actually cost more. Oh and if a poster owned said Plano home and found this home they surely would not be saying there is a premium of $50,000-$60,000 to live in Plano. They would say the opposite.

Last edited by kyam11; 05-11-2018 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 07:39 PM

19,534 posts, read 17,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
Again. You fail to look at the facts. I can do the exact same in Allen by looking in a different part of Plano. How you don’t get this is beyond me

I suggest you learn how to look at statistics I posted and determine where you went wrong.

My 7th grader could figure this out.

DFW user is correct. You people with your Plano blinders are simply anti any other place.

Ouch what is this

Similar fit and finish. Similar size and similar type

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-00599#photo11
https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-19849#photo12

OMG there is a $129,000 premium on the house in Allen. Well that must prove that Allen is far more expensive than Plano

Sucks when it took less than 5 minutes to prove your point incorrect.

Lets translate for you. If you could only spend $550,000 then you could not afford this house in Allen, but could afford it in Plano, thus less $ would not be the deciding factor for you to live in Allen over Plano because it would actually cost more. Oh and if a poster owned said Plano home and found this home they surely would not be saying there is a premium of $50,000-$60,000 to live in Plano. They would say the opposite.
Great post except I was born in Dallas and live in Dallas now. I have no affiliation with Plano what-so-ever and go there maybe 3x per year.

Finding exceptions does not prove your point.

In an odd way I like you but you have the zeal of a conspiracy theorist (Earth is flat, Capricorn One, Fluoride in the water is a mind control effort, Vaccines are bad for mankind and kill babies etc.) and the understanding of an 8th grader across a broad range of topics. For one re-read your bell-curve comment above and hit the 'net for a bit and read about various types of distribution curves and what they mean.

ETA - start with a standard normal curve.........

Last edited by EDS_; 05-11-2018 at 07:47 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Great post except I was born in Dallas and live in Dallas now. I have no affiliation with Plano what-so-ever and go there maybe 3x per year.

Finding exceptions does not prove your point.

In an odd way I like you but you have the zeal of a conspiracy theorist (Earth is flat, Capricorn One, Fluoride in the water is a mind control effort, Vaccines are bad for mankind and kill babies etc.) and the understanding of an 8th grader across a broad range of topics. For one re-read your bell-curve comment above and hit the 'net for a bit and read about various types of distribution curves and what they mean.
You literally just proved my point. You wrote "That is the point" regarding a situation above. However that scenario is the opposite depending on the zip code.. I forgot more about statistics today than you will ever know. You ain't in my pay grade buddy. If you take the values of homes in Plano and plot them the majority will be near the median, there will be some well below and some well. above. It will look like https://www.google.com/search?q=bell...ARg9wKVieZGgM:

Not a perfect bell curve of course but you will see large numbers of homes near the median.

In fact there are currently 214 homes between 0 and 300K
505 homes between 300k and 450K
296 homes between 450K and 650K
and 137 homes between 650k and 1,000,000

If I plot those I wonder what that looks like. Starts low, goes up, goes up more in the middle and peaks, starts on its way down.

The point that none of you can grasp is that because Plano and Allen are pretty much the same price it is easy for anyone to find multiple exceptions (which means they are not exceptions) because (and read slowly so you get it) there are areas of Plano which are slightly lower in cost per sq $ than Allen and there are areas of Allen that are slightly lower in cost per sq $.

What this unequivocally proves is that $ are not a deciding factor of living in either unless a specific house goes above ones budget. That house could be in Allen (as I showed) and that house could be in Plano.
'

Sorry but I have no conspiracy beliefs. I read numbers. Anyone claiming that as a whole Plano is more expensive than Allen simply is clueless. Anyone claiming that as a whole Allen is more expensive than Plano is also clueless. They are similar costs to live in.

We can bet any amount of money that I can find another example of the one I posted above which shows that it isn't an exception. It is more common than not in certain areas of Allen and more common than not in certain areas of Plano. OF course we know that you will never make that bet because you would lose easily. Learn what exception means (a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule.) . When multiple scenarios fit it is not an exception. When more of a scenario fit it is not an exception.

It is why anyone can easily pull tons of example from either city which can show a house being a premium over the other house in the other city. However if you take an area that I live in you can't find many examples of that because the median price per sq ft is significantly higher. If you look at Grand Prairie you also can't find many examples of it when compared to Plano because Plano is significantly higher per sq ft. This is month 1 of statistics stuff. Literally stuff my 7th grader gets.

You are the same guy that mistakenly did not understand that doctors pay has been going down each year either and think that showing what a physician made as a whole as total income means nothing without looking at how they got there. Rookie mistake

Last edited by kyam11; 05-11-2018 at 08:17 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 08:35 PM

8,020 posts, read 3,589,957 times
Btw, is it Plano vs Allen, or 75093 vs Allen? If it is 75093 it should be vs 75013 (after excluding zoned to PISD). Just saying.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:37 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Btw, is it Plano vs Allen, or 75093 vs Allen? If it is 75093 it should be vs 75013 (after excluding zoned to PISD). Just saying.
75093 has more than half the population of Allen.

51k vs 99k.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:00 PM

8,020 posts, read 3,589,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
75093 has more than half the population of Allen.

51k vs 99k.
?

Old 12-17-2018, 03:04 PM

117 posts, read 149,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
LOL. HP isn't close to insanely competitive. The big boys of DFW (Top 6A schools)are insanely competitive. Plano West is 6A and HP is 5A. Not even comparable. Plano West is mediocre to below average as far as 6A sports go other than a couple sports. As far as the sports OP is talking about Plano West is terrible in football, mediocre in basketball. HP doesn't come close to measuring up to the good 6A schools in the sports OP mentions.

Having said that both would be good choices for kids that want to at least be provided a good competitive environment for learning and sports, but make no mistake HPs state winning 5A football team couldn't beat an average 6A team and that's OK.

The reality for OP is if they want the strongest sports schools they have to go 6A which means large schools.
HP went 6A for 2 years and competed fine. They won't win 6A with less than 2200 kids, but they were a good playoff team in 6A, against much larger schools.

Plano schools are bad at most sports.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
HP went 6A for 2 years and competed fine. They won't win 6A with less than 2200 kids, but they were a good playoff team in 6A, against much larger schools.

Plano schools are bad at most sports.
They lost to average team in 6A lately. Not good teams. They would get slaughtered in 6A.

Rockwall last year and Rockwall was not good. Waxahachie the year before who also was not good. Mesquite Horn in 2014 who also was not good. Let them play Carroll, Allen, Desoto, Duncanville, Euless Trinity, Coppell, etc.

In other sports their best would be average at the top schools. Sports like running, swimming, etc.

Nothing wrong with that but they get to be the biggest 5A school. That is a lot easier than a small 6A school like Carroll.

Personally I think that Allen and Desoto size schools should be 7A but that won't happen.

Last edited by kyam11; 12-17-2018 at 03:25 PM..

Old 12-17-2018, 04:17 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,130,620 times
PISD’s organisational structure is divided to benefit logistics, finances and academics, athletic talent gets divided between 10 schools (9-10 & 11-12). We are not making whole district’s student population suffer so one football team can win. Neither does Plano recruit athlete from other districts. According to DMN, Allen recruited more than 70 transfers for their football program. District puts high value on academics and ethics and if Plano started going as one team, no other team would get a prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas