U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2018, 04:21 PM
 
114 posts, read 112,489 times
Reputation: 47

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
They lost to average team in 6A lately. Not good teams. They would get slaughtered in 6A.

Rockwall last year and Rockwall was not good. Waxahachie the year before who also was not good. Mesquite Horn in 2014 who also was not good. Let them play Carroll, Allen, Desoto, Duncanville, Euless Trinity, Coppell, etc.

In other sports their best would be average at the top schools. Sports like running, swimming, etc.

Nothing wrong with that but they get to be the biggest 5A school. That is a lot easier than a small 6A school like Carroll.

Personally I think that Allen and Desoto size schools should be 7A but that won't happen.
HP beat Rockwall this year 49-42. Rockwall took Allen to the wire in the second round of 6A Division 1 playoff 52-40 (Allen scored late, but it was a close game). Never said Highland Park would win 6A with one of the smallest enrollments, but they are a decent 6A team and a great 5A team. There are classifications for a reason.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2018, 05:03 PM
 
966 posts, read 642,465 times
Reputation: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
HP beat Rockwall this year 49-42. Rockwall took Allen to the wire in the second round of 6A Division 1 playoff 52-40 (Allen scored late, but it was a close game). Never said Highland Park would win 6A with one of the smallest enrollments, but they are a decent 6A team and a great 5A team. There are classifications for a reason.
And yet Carroll wins 6A all the time in multiple sports with one of the smallest enrollments (if not the smallest) in the state.. As I said 5A is great but it is the JV to the varsity that is 6A. Losing is losing. Period.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2018, 08:22 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,287 posts, read 5,149,750 times
Reputation: 5074
Just google UIL Lone Star Cup.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2018, 10:10 PM
 
84 posts, read 86,342 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
And yet Carroll wins 6A all the time in multiple sports with one of the smallest enrollments (if not the smallest) in the state.. As I said 5A is great but it is the JV to the varsity that is 6A. Losing is losing. Period.
Carroll got embarrassed by Duncanville 51-7. HP likely gonna win 3rd straight 5A title in a row. Not sure the point of this? HP v Southlake would be a pretty close contest like it or not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 05:47 AM
 
966 posts, read 642,465 times
Reputation: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1977 View Post
Carroll got embarrassed by Duncanville 51-7. HP likely gonna win 3rd straight 5A title in a row. Not sure the point of this? HP v Southlake would be a pretty close contest like it or not.
Yes. Duncanville is one of the top 10 in the nation this year. Duncanville embarrassed everyone this year. Carroll had no business being there. They were not good this year. How a coach got them to that round and with no losses is mind boggling. I suggest you check the week before when they beat Desoto. Desoto would beat HP this year by 30 minimum.. HP vs. Carroll would not be close in any year. If were 5A we would be on our 10th championship in a row easily. As i said it is like Varsity vs JV. You obviously know little to nothing about sports. Keep hoping though. Go look at swimming times, cross country times, etc. Their best is middle of the pack or lower tier. End of story.

ETA: HP should almost win every state title in every sport. They are the biggest 5A school in the state and only play schools smaller than over 90% of the time. Carroll plays schools bigger than them 90%+ of the time. As I said we play with the big boys.

Last edited by kyam11; 12-19-2018 at 06:37 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 05:16 PM
 
114 posts, read 112,489 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyam11 View Post
Yes. Duncanville is one of the top 10 in the nation this year. Duncanville embarrassed everyone this year. Carroll had no business being there. They were not good this year. How a coach got them to that round and with no losses is mind boggling. I suggest you check the week before when they beat Desoto. Desoto would beat HP this year by 30 minimum.. HP vs. Carroll would not be close in any year. If were 5A we would be on our 10th championship in a row easily. As i said it is like Varsity vs JV. You obviously know little to nothing about sports. Keep hoping though. Go look at swimming times, cross country times, etc. Their best is middle of the pack or lower tier. End of story.

ETA: HP should almost win every state title in every sport. They are the biggest 5A school in the state and only play schools smaller than over 90% of the time. Carroll plays schools bigger than them 90%+ of the time. As I said we play with the big boys.

Highland Park is one of the larger 5A's, but not the largest and there are multiple schools within a 100 student enrollment.

SLC is nowhere near the smallest 6A. Southlake is probably closer to a middle of the pack in 6A.

http://realignment.uiltexas.org/alig...nk_2018-20.pdf
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 06:09 PM
 
3,682 posts, read 2,781,262 times
Reputation: 3280
With Cowboys facilities as their home base, how come Frisco schools aren’t dominating high school football news?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Texas
44,266 posts, read 56,105,069 times
Reputation: 73431
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
With Cowboys facilities as their home base, how come Frisco schools aren’t dominating high school football news?
You think they get coached by the Cowboys or something?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 07:35 PM
 
966 posts, read 642,465 times
Reputation: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
Highland Park is one of the larger 5A's, but not the largest and there are multiple schools within a 100 student enrollment.

SLC is nowhere near the smallest 6A. Southlake is probably closer to a middle of the pack in 6A.

http://realignment.uiltexas.org/alig...nk_2018-20.pdf
Highland Park is 4th and within 15 of the leader so it is one of the largest in the state. Everyone they compete against are smaller than them. Almost everyone Carroll plays is bigger than them. Also very strange that a bunch of schools well under 2000 are 6A. Did not know that. Obviously many do not have football. Didn't know we had 2700 students now. Thought it was in the 2300s.

The fact we can compete with all the schools larger than us (3500 and above) is damn impressive.

Thanks for the post. Let me know when HP competes with the big boys. Until then state championships are irrelevant, just as JV titles are irrelevant. 7 out of 14 this year are bigger than us and most substantially bigger. HP pretty much never does. Take the competitive advantage and be done with it, but don't pretend they are playing the big boys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 01:18 AM
 
3 posts, read 814 times
Reputation: 13
What about gymnastics centers. There are some in Plano. I.e. https://goldengripgymnastics.com/ where classes are held by former champions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top