Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 01:47 PM

419 posts, read 553,443 times

Advertisements

I think an obvious choice would be in Plano but if you are looking for newer homes, Allen could work too. Twin Creeks offers homes around 10 years old in your price range near Evans Elementary. Ranked #2 school in the state last year on Niche. The middle school is also very good. Our kiddos are still pretty young (and we opt for private school for other reasons), but we intend to wait on the high school question until it comes. I think it really depends on your individual kid.

Also a great commuting location. I make the drive to West Plano every day in rush hour and it takes about 20 minutes onthe surface streets. If you can get out by 7:30 it might take you less on the toll road. Traffic has been getting worse so I'm not 100% if that is still accurate. Also great central location to shops at Fairview, Historic downtown McKinnney, Stonebriar, Watters Creek, and Legacy West. All take about 10 - 20 minutes depending on time of day.

Aesthetically Twin Creeks, IMO, is one of the prettiest areas. Great big mature trees, extensive walking trails, two great amenity centers. It's worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 03:13 PM

21 posts, read 33,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco19542 View Post
Look for existing homes in West Frisco. There newer then plano and you if your willing to buy a 10 year old home your going to get a good deal.

Ideally you want to be south of El Dorodo and east of 423. This includes places such as Lonestar, Pearson Farms, wyngate, Village Lakes and heather ridge. All of them close to where you want to commute.
North Plano or south Frisco seems to be ideal rather than going all the way to Mckinney or Allen. Traffic is pretty bad on SRT during the rush hours. In south frisco, you can look at Plantation, Hunters creek, Turnbrdge Manor, Richwoods(600k plus). Also, there are plenty of jobs in Richardson and Allen in addition to legacy area, so North Plano or south Frisco seems ideal rather than going all the way to West Frisco.

Old 04-20-2018, 06:43 PM

242 posts, read 360,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy_22 View Post
North Plano or south Frisco seems to be ideal rather than going all the way to Mckinney or Allen. Traffic is pretty bad on SRT during the rush hours. In south frisco, you can look at Plantation, Hunters creek, Turnbrdge Manor, Richwoods(600k plus). Also, there are plenty of jobs in Richardson and Allen in addition to legacy area, so North Plano or south Frisco seems ideal rather than going all the way to West Frisco.

West Frisco is much nicer and closer to legacy west. Newer Homes are also usually much more expensive on the west side and make but not in older neighborhoods plus with Denton county you will save on property tax. To get to legacy west You just go down legacy to get there and your not paying toll roads. As for traffic pretty much the whole area around there is about the same in any direction.

The other thing not mentioned is west Frisco is much better and closer to Irving and the mid cities so it makes a wider area you can commute too. If you in allen anything west of Plano is hard to get to.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:56 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,175,593 times
Quote:
West Frisco is much nicer and closer to legacy west. Newer Homes are also usually much more expensive on the west side and make but not in older neighborhoods plus with Denton county you will save on property tax. To get to legacy west You just go down legacy to get there and your not paying toll roads. As for traffic pretty much the whole area around there is about the same in any direction.

The other thing not mentioned is west Frisco is much better and closer to Irving and the mid cities so it makes a wider area you can commute too. If you in allen anything west of Plano is hard to get to.
I live in the general area you suggested (Eldorado/Teel) and my commute has been increasing each year and I've been here since 2009. Legacy is sloooow going from about Stonebrook to 121 due to school zones and tons of traffic. The city will also be widening Legacy at some point which will royally screw up everything for at least 9 months.

Yes, there are lots of new, fancy homes going up in West Frisco but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for someone new to the area. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for someone that might work in Irving or Las Colinas one day.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:51 AM

21 posts, read 33,548 times
Quote:

Nicer yes, because it is mostly developed. But traffic is very bad on the west side and also the DNT leading up to it. South of Frisco(both east and west) is ideal from Starwood to all the way to Richwoods.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:42 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Get out and drive around both neighborhoods. Personally I like Allen and McKinney better than Frisco, seems to be more space and less cookie cutter feel. If you do go with Allen ISD, I would look to be in the actual city of Allen and not in the McKinney portion of Allen ISD. I don't like these islands that are in one city but in the neighboring ISD. Just personal preference, but I like the community feel that your city and your school are one in the same.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:50 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keribeth818 View Post
I think an obvious choice would be in Plano but if you are looking for newer homes, Allen could work too. Twin Creeks offers homes around 10 years old in your price range near Evans Elementary. Ranked #2 school in the state last year on Niche. The middle school is also very good. Our kiddos are still pretty young (and we opt for private school for other reasons), but we intend to wait on the high school question until it comes. I think it really depends on your individual kid.

Also a great commuting location. I make the drive to West Plano every day in rush hour and it takes about 20 minutes onthe surface streets. If you can get out by 7:30 it might take you less on the toll road. Traffic has been getting worse so I'm not 100% if that is still accurate. Also great central location to shops at Fairview, Historic downtown McKinnney, Stonebriar, Watters Creek, and Legacy West. All take about 10 - 20 minutes depending on time of day.

Aesthetically Twin Creeks, IMO, is one of the prettiest areas. Great big mature trees, extensive walking trails, two great amenity centers. It's worth checking out.
Agreed on all these points. IMO, Twin Creeks is one of the nicest developments (along with Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney) in all of Collin County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas