Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM

419 posts, read 553,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
She is now a fraud and her NTMWD dog and pony proved it, she left town looking like a fool.

Whether NTMWD is disinfecting with chlorine or chloramine, they use both at different times, neither will mess up people's hair at 3 or 4 parts per million (think 3 or 4 grams of either disinfectant in a 1,000 kilograms of water and much of the chlorine or chloramine is consumed killing the nasties - bacteria and viruses mostly that you would otherwise drink or bath in) with any reasonable amount of exposure - soak your head of blond hair in a vat of 5ppm chlorine water for weeks maybe, taking a shower or bathing not a chance. If it did the problems you speak of would happen to about half the people in the United States. The stuff that really screws up hair is copper in water - copper algicides in pool water or copper in well water for examples. Given improperly balanced water cooper is absorbed into hair turning blonde hair green etc. Also I keep my pool chlorine around 7 or 8ppm and my wife and daughter, both with very blonde and colored hair, are in the thing all summer..........no problems.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/envi...ict-turned-dud
This. My understanding was she was already in town for another Paid speaking engagement when folks from Plano reached out to her. She was able to take advantage of the hysteria and double down for another paid gig. Did you see the ticket prices to attend her "talk"? Ridiculous. A lot of misinformed people were taken advantage of because they don't understand water chemistry. It's a shame but the only people that made out in that whole show was the water filtration sales reps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 11:30 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
Arlington has some of the best water in the country I read somewhere recently.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:34 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
Arlington has some of the best water in the country I read somewhere recently.
Depend on what article. Several others say it is among the worst

Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Depend on what article. Several others say it is among the worst
Is there something from a source better than say, "Mother Jones" claiming Arlington water is poor? Of course not.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:00 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
Is there something from a source better than say, "Mother Jones" claiming Arlington water is poor? Of course not.
The water in Arlington is perfectly safe to drink, as is all the water in DFW as far as I am aware.

Being safe to drink doesn't mean it tastes good.

Everyone is biased on taste to what they are used to, but it is universally agreed on by my friends, be they from Florida, central Texas, Washington State,or Boston that the water in DFW tastes bad or at least weird.

I've kinda gotten used to it, sure, but it still tastes like dirt.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:54 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Quote:
Smelly tap water in Arlington won't be fixed until end of the month | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
As far as I can tell all the people who complain about Dallas area water taste have never been someplace where the water really tastes bad. For that matter, although Waco used to have the reputation of bad-tasting water (I mean really bad), I have been to Waco many times in the last 10 years and that problem is gone. Nowadays the water there tastes about like everywhere else. It's reasonable to assume that water treatment technology and knowledge have advanced like everything else.

If you find that Dallas water "tastes like dirt" then my reaction has to be "and just how many peas are under that pile of mattresses, my dear?"

My opinion is that if it is safe to drink (and there is absolutely no question about that), you drink it and keep quiet.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times
A). That was more than a year ago.
B). The bad flavor and smell occurred for a few weeks because a treatment plant was off-line being upgraded.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:46 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
As far as I can tell all the people who complain about Dallas area water taste have never been someplace where the water really tastes bad. For that matter, although Waco used to have the reputation of bad-tasting water (I mean really bad), I have been to Waco many times in the last 10 years and that problem is gone. Nowadays the water there tastes about like everywhere else. It's reasonable to assume that water treatment technology and knowledge have advanced like everything else.

If you find that Dallas water "tastes like dirt" then my reaction has to be "and just how many peas are under that pile of mattresses, my dear?"

My opinion is that if it is safe to drink (and there is absolutely no question about that), you drink it and keep quiet.
No, I've absolutely had bad tasting water other places, I grew up with well in Idaho that needed to be filtered, and I've had water in Europe that was weird tasting. I've also had great Idaho Spring water and awesome European mineral water.

The water here tastes like dirt.

If you don't think it does you have probability gone taste blind to it.

My college buddy was in town over the weekend, had some tap water at my house, and said "Oh, I had forgotten how weird the water here tastes"

Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times
San Angelo is the worst and Lubbock is a close second for the worst water in Texas. DFW isn't even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas