Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2018, 09:35 PM

937 posts, read 743,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Y’all today wasn’t that bad though. It was cooler, cloudier, and breezy. Yes, it was more humid but it wasn’t unbearable like yesterday. It was a welcomed “break”...
People handle this kind of heat all over the world. You just have to work around it. I admit it's hot. I took family members to the zoo and we left by 1 pm because of the heat. The animals didn't want to come out into their exhibits due to the hellish heat. We have the milder late fall and winters to look forward to making it not too bad. Most places in the US are hot in the summer.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,260,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
It's extremely hot there now. There are minimal trees to seek shelter under. There are fires going on.
Right now at 11pm Dallas is 83 with 66% humidity. It's a good 10 degrees cooler than it could be, but I just walked the 2ish miles back from the fireworks show in Las Colinas and believe me I was drenched with sweat by the time I got home.

Dallas was nice today if you are just sitting outside, like it was when I was watching fireworks or at the pool, but at 11pm it was still very muggy. And remember this is a really nice day.

It's 75 with 38% humidity in Denver right now.

Yes it will be hot in Denver this week, with highs in the upper 90s, but it will also drop into the mid 60s at night.

I'm actually headed up to Colorado, to Denver and Estes in the next few weeks. It will be a welcome break for sure.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
People handle this kind of heat all over the world. You just have to work around it. I admit it's hot. I took family members to the zoo and we left by 1 pm because of the heat. The animals didn't want to come out into their exhibits due to the hellish heat. We have the milder late fall and winters to look forward to making it not too bad. Most places in the US are hot in the summer.
People also live without AC all over the world. People also live without decent healthcare around the world (heck even this country) People live with all sorts of unpleasant things, people are very resistant.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to live here without AC though.

My buddy from Singapore things the weather here is too warm in the summer. Singapore.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Right now at 11pm Dallas is 83 with 66% humidity. It's a good 10 degrees cooler than it could be, but I just walked the 2ish miles back from the fireworks show in Las Colinas and believe me I was drenched with sweat by the time I got home.

Dallas was nice today if you are just sitting outside, like it was when I was watching fireworks or at the pool, but at 11pm it was still very muggy. And remember this is a really nice day.

Yes it will be hot in Denver this week, with highs in the upper 90s, but it will also drop into the mid 60s at night.

I'm actually headed up to Colorado, to Denver and Estes in the next few weeks. It will be a welcome break for sure.
I agree that this summer climate is no picnic. It's hot as hell. I lived in Denver though and to me it was no Shangrila...expensive, barren land, hot summers, high desert, lots of poor housing, harsh sun, traffic, costly skiing, somewhat reserved/aloof-yet cordial locals. I think DFW gets a bad rap. Texas can get a bad rap as well.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
People also live without AC all over the world. People also live without decent healthcare around the world (heck even this country) People live with all sorts of unpleasant things, people are very resistant.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to live here without AC though.

My buddy from Singapore things the weather here is too warm in the summer. Singapore.
I've said it before and I will say it again. We must do how the Spaniards do here. They figured it out long ago. Yes, it's hot here but there are ways to work around it. It's only a few months.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I agree that this summer climate is no picnic. It's hot as hell. I lived in Denver though and to me it was no Shangrila...expensive, barren land, hot summers, high desert, lots of poor housing, harsh sun, traffic, costly skiing, somewhat reserved/aloof-yet cordial locals. I think DFW gets a bad rap. Texas can get a bad rap as well.
I get what you are saying, but strictly on the topic of weather, the Denver summers are pretty mild and short compared to the ones we have here, and I think thats pretty well reflected in my post of current temps.

For a considerable potion of the population it is a brutal grind, similar to the way a Buffalo winter grinds alot of people down over time. I think to alot of people the Denver weather is nice, it isn't an extreme either way, but still has 4 seasons.

I know you said you are from or lived in the South East, so maybe you are one of the folks who is better equipped to deal with the heat, and if thats the case thats great.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
My third summer in Dallas and the first in which I’m wondering, “do I really want to put up with this year after year?”.
I ask myself that every summer. I was born here.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:02 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,554,400 times
Quote:
I ask myself that every summer. I was born here.
Lol

I start planning fall excursions in June. By July I'm ready to move. We are actually going to check out TN for real in 2 weeks for an eventual move...

Old 07-05-2018, 11:12 AM

7,034 posts, read 14,473,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
At the moment Dallas is 102 and 25% for a heat index of 103

Las Vegas is 104 and 8% for a heat index of 97.

Was pretty much that way all of June.

So the Las Vegas temperature is mostly higher but the heat index is mostly higher in Dallas.

Be interesting to see what it does after the middle of July...the Las Vegas Temperature tends to drop but the humidity comes up. So the heat index may actually be higher here.
Yep, I'm enjoying this California-like weather in DFW during my week stay..

Old 07-05-2018, 11:28 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,444,419 times
Quote:

Houston hasn't experienced a 100 degree day yet this summer, but the heat index has come close (especially Alberto's dry side gave us a sample of Dallas summers right before Memorial Day; that was energy-sapping hot).

I just experienced a similar welcome break when the rain in Houston ended last night. Surprisingly, it was 78 degrees and dry (i.e. not humid) around 6 P.M. I took the opportunity to clean up my pool after the storm in that comfortable weather.

I usually visit Chicago (if it's cooler) or Coastal L.A. instead of Colorado to escape the Texas summer heat. Wish I could visit Coastal California right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas