Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM

307 posts, read 528,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rztquery View Post
After doing research and talking to several people, it looks like this summer is best time to sell home if you want to get good money.

Home prices are doubled within last 5 years in several places in DFW and became overrated. This was due to sudden demand and low inventory. Now there are thousands of apartments and several new communities everywhere. Inventory problem is not there. Mortgage rates are increased. Buying houses also slowed down.

Already several articles mentioned that , since last year prices are not increased at all.

What is your thoughts on this? Is it right time to sell home or keep it for few more years to sell it later for higher rate ?
This is how close it can be. On one house I bought I added a fence at the end for another $2000 dollars. The market turned just before the appraisal and it came in my favor. The builder was upset about the appraisal coming in low but the appraiser told him they had recently got pressure to reduce the appraisals as prices were downturning. So for me, I got a free fence as the appraisal was low enough to eat the price of the fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 11:18 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,458,462 times
The best time to sell is probably when you need to sell it.
You will never know if the next month, months, or years will bring better prices.
Lots of things can affect this and no one has control over it.
Things can change quickly.
What if Italy defaults?
What if there is a war in the middle East?
What if North Korea nukes Japan?
What if interest rates go up 1% or 2% or 10%?
What happens if DB goes bankrupt?
What if congress illuminates FHA, Freddie, Fannie? or privatizes them?

To me if you really need to sell now, but you need to pay taxes, insurance, mortgage, and mental effort on a house you no longer want, waiting doesn't help you.

While there are peaks and valleys in the number of sales here....there are buyers all year round. It's not like the past where everyone seemed to sell April-June, August, and then realtors all went on vacation for the last quarter of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas