Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 04:17 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,039,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
You mentioned allergies. My allergies in Dallas were the worst I've ever experienced. December - March was hell because of mountain cedar pollen. I'm originally from NC and had to deal with pollen so thick that red cars looked orange, but fortunately it only lasted a week or two. Dallas was like that, just for months at a time.

The pollen that coats everything is pine pollen, and "most" people are not allergic to it. DFW has less of this type of pollen in general because there are few pines, especially compared to the Carolinas and Georgia. Allergies anywhere are going to be specific to what individuals are allergic to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 05:00 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,849,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
The pollen that coats everything is pine pollen, and "most" people are not allergic to it. DFW has less of this type of pollen in general because there are few pines, especially compared to the Carolinas and Georgia. Allergies anywhere are going to be specific to what individuals are allergic to.
WRONG! Where did you get your information? Around here, through the winter and beyond, mountain cedar (and to a lesser extent Eastern red cedar) pollen covers everything. It blows in from the Hill Country and makes many people miserable.
Cedar Pollen Allergy · Allergy Partners of North Texas
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/he.../287-510979221

In the spring, other trees put forth their pollen that falls onto our cars and us; trees such as oak, ash, elm, and mulberry. Pine is not doing a solo act in nature.
https://www.dallasnews.com/life/bett...ng-pollen-time

Old 07-01-2018, 05:55 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,039,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
WRONG! Where did you get your information? Around here, through the winter and beyond, mountain cedar (and to a lesser extent Eastern red cedar) pollen covers everything. It blows in from the Hill Country and makes many people miserable.
Cedar Pollen Allergy · Allergy Partners of North Texas
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/he.../287-510979221

In the spring, other trees put forth their pollen that falls onto our cars and us; trees such as oak, ash, elm, and mulberry. Pine is not doing a solo act in nature.
https://www.dallasnews.com/life/bett...ng-pollen-time
In North Carolina, to which the PP was referring.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:45 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,849,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
In North Carolina, to which the PP was referring.
Sorry. I didn't process that well at all. /blushing/

Old 07-01-2018, 07:45 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Mosquitoes...some but again FAR less than seen along the gulf coast. I may get bitten once or twice a year if at all and most times surprised its happened. .
Once or twice a year? Well bless your heart... they're all obviously over at my house sucking my sweet, sweet blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas