Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 10:01 AM

14 posts, read 30,927 times

Advertisements

Hello All - So we like this particular floor plan in a BEAZER home very much and the same exact floor plan is available in the following 3 communities. There is not much of a price difference as they are all very close in terms of price point

Glen View - 1015 Frisco Ranch Road, Frisco, TX 75033 - Frisco ISD

Miramonte - 13806 Azul Lane, Frisco, TX 75035 - Prosper ISD

The Grove at Craig Ranch - 5005 Dallas Red Court, McKinney, TX 75070 - Frisco ISD

I would really appreciate if you all can shed some lights on some of the Pros and Cons of each of these communities. I would like to get some inputs from schools, Crime/safety and Home value appreciation perspective

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 11:37 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Where are you commuting to? Have you visited any of these communities?

Scratch Glen View off of your list. It's realllly close to 423 and a cemetery. The cemetery wouldn't bother me but it might bother some people if you won't be in this house forever and you need to sell at some point.

I'd probably cross Miramonte off your list too, especially if you are commuting somewhere south like to Plano and beyond. You'll end up having to take Preston or Hillcrest south. Preston won't have school zones, but it will get congested once you get into the main area of Frisco. I'm assuming Hillcrest (like most major roads in Frisco) is going to be riddled with school zones. That's just added time to your commute.

The Grove is really convenient to 121 but I don't know much about that area as I live in far NW Frisco.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Where are you commuting to? Have you visited any of these communities?

Scratch Glen View off of your list. It's realllly close to 423 and a cemetery. The cemetery wouldn't bother me but it might bother some people if you won't be in this house forever and you need to sell at some point.

I'd probably cross Miramonte off your list too, especially if you are commuting somewhere south like to Plano and beyond. You'll end up having to take Preston or Hillcrest south. Preston won't have school zones, but it will get congested once you get into the main area of Frisco. I'm assuming Hillcrest (like most major roads in Frisco) is going to be riddled with school zones. That's just added time to your commute.

The Grove is really convenient to 121 but I don't know much about that area as I live in far NW Frisco.
Thank you for your response. I work in Plano but for some reason when I looked at the commute times all three have almost similar commute time of about 20 mins. Maybe it is because of my work location. My office is very close to Preston and Legacy intersection.

Thanks for letting us know about the Cemetery., we had no idea. We also see that it is next to Panther Creek Wastewater treatment plant, not sure if this is a problem too

The only advantage with this community is it is little less expensive and the tax rate is also little less.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:09 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,174,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolaTXs View Post
Thank you for your response. I work in Plano but for some reason when I looked at the commute times all three have almost similar commute time of about 20 mins. Maybe it is because of my work location. My office is very close to Preston and Legacy intersection.

Thanks for letting us know about the Cemetery., we had no idea. We also see that it is next to Panther Creek Wastewater treatment plant, not sure if this is a problem too

The only advantage with this community is it is little less expensive and the tax rate is also little less.
It's a very old, rather small cemetery (Zion Cemetery). The only downside is it's sort of on top of a hill and pretty visible. If you go to Google maps and zoom in, it's that green patch just NE of Frisco Ranch Rd. It actually doesn't even show up as a cemetery on their maps for some reason. That commute time is probably assuming you are using DNT (toll road). I live at Eldorado/Teel, which is just a couple of miles from Glen View and I work at DNT/Legacy. I typically take Legacy all the way into work and my commute is longer than 20 minutes. Between the three communities I'd say that Glen View is the least desirable, which is probably why the house is a little less there.

As far as taxes, Prosper ISD taxes are pretty high compared to Frisco ISD. Collin County taxes are also a little higher than Denton County but if your kids ever attend Collin County they won't have to pay out of district tuition.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:17 PM

290 posts, read 368,968 times
Most of these new communities are mostly majority Asian and mainly Indians. Not saying that’s bad or good but just to warn you about some culture shock. Anyways, we Asians are very peaceful, family oriented and do not care who lives next door as long as they are peaceful and quiet.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
It's a very old, rather small cemetery (Zion Cemetery). The only downside is it's sort of on top of a hill and pretty visible. If you go to Google maps and zoom in, it's that green patch just NE of Frisco Ranch Rd. It actually doesn't even show up as a cemetery on their maps for some reason. That commute time is probably assuming you are using DNT (toll road). I live at Eldorado/Teel, which is just a couple of miles from Glen View and I work at DNT/Legacy. I typically take Legacy all the way into work and my commute is longer than 20 minutes. Between the three communities I'd say that Glen View is the least desirable, which is probably why the house is a little less there.

As far as taxes, Prosper ISD taxes are pretty high compared to Frisco ISD. Collin County taxes are also a little higher than Denton County but if your kids ever attend Collin County they won't have to pay out of district tuition.
Yes, I googled it after seeing your comment. Looks like it is small but literally next to the community so I would be concerned. Yes, i was referring to the commute time using Toll Roads

Old 07-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLForr View Post
Most of these new communities are mostly majority Asian and mainly Indians. Not saying that’s bad or good but just to warn you about some culture shock. Anyways, we Asians are very peaceful, family oriented and do not care who lives next door as long as they are peaceful and quiet.
Yeah I agree and that is true for most of the communities in Frisco area and we don't really mind

Old 07-19-2018, 02:30 PM

Can someone please provide inputs

Old 07-19-2018, 02:31 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
I would choose Frisco with Frisco schools. It can be tougher I think when reselling when the properties have different cities and schools. Not so many people understand how this works.

Crime and Safety you want to check with the police department community resource officer. I would doubt any of these are much different than another. In every community you need to lock your doors and hide your valuables. There's probably very little random violent crime in these communities. If you see murders and kidnappings it is between people who know each other or drug deals gone bad. Stay away from bad people, bad situations, and bad relatives and you'll likely be fine.

I don't think there is any way to tell if one of these communities will appreciate more than another or if any of them will appreciate at all. We're probably hitting the ceiling on appreciation in some price ranges now. If all things are equal, I'd put my bet on Frisco/Frisco....but it's all a roll of the dice.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:50 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,579,025 times
I’d go for D. None Of The Above

The last thing I’d consider a good investment right now would be an exburban new build.

I’d also be very concerned with Frisco ISD schools right now. They’re growing at an unsustainable pace and will eventually have to take on even more debt to keep infrastructure in pace with their growth. This debt will only get passed on to the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas