Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 PM

400 posts, read 366,047 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I am hoping someone could point me out to a reputable plastic surgeon in the Plano/Dallas area. I have had quite a few consults and in each consult I felt pressured to do more surgical procedures than I want. I am 30 yrs and had an almost 10lb baby 8 years ago. I still have a waistline, but it left me with a little pooch. My skin does not sag but it is a bit crepey/lax. Every consult that I have attended recommended a tummy tuck and then attempted to push for more things. To put it in perspective, when I have clothing on people would never know that I had loose skin and I don't really have a lot of fat at all. Are there any good plastic surgeons in the area who won't try to upsell and suggest more procedures when you dont really want them. I dont want a super flat rock hard stomach. I like the body shape of the pin up girl of the 1950s and 60s, so a super flat stomach really would not be appealing to me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 05:13 PM

19,774 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Is there a common thread between what the docs are recommending? Maybe what they are implying is what you need?

I know the people in love with The Ivies and others will screech.........but UTSW plastics is habitually rated* 1, 2, 3, 4 in the country and many plastics docs around here trained at UTSW.

*Rating medical residencies is in and of itself absurd, but so many people are into that kind of thing........

Best of luck. If all else fails call UTSW Plastics and ask them.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:27 PM

964 posts, read 876,791 times
For cosmetics I probably wouldn't go to UTSW but in this case it might we worth a consult to see what they recommend. Since it is unlikely they are paid by procedure and are likely salaried you probably won't get recommendations that are over the top at UTSW. If they recommend above and beyond what OP is looking for then she might want to consider that the approach the others are recommending are good recommendations. I would go to UTSW if I needed reconstructive, but personally would send my wife to one of the more popular surgeons for cosmetic.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:01 PM

205 posts, read 279,120 times
yeah agree if you're looking at cosmetic surgery, typically academic medical centers are not the place to go....

the dallas plastic surgery institute is one of the larger practices in the area and several of the surgeons have privileges at the hospital where I work so you could look into them

Old 07-27-2018, 07:33 AM

70 posts, read 131,753 times
I would recommend Dr. Christine Stiles in Frisco! Her work is meticulous and well recommended. She also works with the hospitals that give a better rate for the operating room for cosmetic surgeries.

Also, there is a website called https://www.realself.com where you can see pictures clients have posted and their 'stories' of surgery before/after. Good for gathering recommendations as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: