Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

LEOs like any professions have good and bad within their ranks
Unfortunately in many professions when there are bad apples, often the ranks close and protect that individual from honest scrutiny and evaluation
Doctors can be very bad apples and local medical boards are often very reluctant to advertise a practitioner's failures because it reflects badly and can drive up insurance costs to others---

I think this was a bad deal from the get-go
I can't believe if a person, especially one that was NOT on drugs or alcohol, was in an apartment they said they believed was their own--that the person would have to go OUTSIDE to check the address/location before relaying it to the 911 operator...

IMO--and just my opinion--she and her crew had a day with lot of stress, make some take-downs and were likely pumped when they went off duty==
Bet they went out for drinks afterward
Not that they would say that happened but backtrack her phone--check her tower tags and see where her phone was in the 2 hours prior to getting to that apartment...

Wouldn't trust Texas Rangers to be impartial either--

Old 09-12-2018, 04:18 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
If Botham’s family in St. Lucia could file a lawsuit, who should they sue? The officer? The police department? The apartment complex? All three?

Old 09-12-2018, 04:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
"How can a person be given a loaded pistol and the right to use it, but not be competent enough to recognize their own floor number, their own unit number, and the doormat at their own front door?

Guyger has dog, and dogs normally make noises when strangers enter their homes. Was Guyger impaired in some way? Do Dallas police officers undergo any training at all? Is there an IQ requirement to join the force?"

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/12/jus...d-for-my-life/

Old 09-12-2018, 04:30 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
If Botham’s family in St. Lucia could file a lawsuit, who should they sue? The officer? The police department? The apartment complex? All three?

What did the apartment complex do wrong? Are they supposed to paint each floor a different color and put up "Floor xx" signs every ten feet?

Old 09-12-2018, 04:31 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I can't believe if a person, especially one that was NOT on drugs or alcohol, was in an apartment they said they believed was their own--that the person would have to go OUTSIDE to check the address/location before relaying it to the 911 operator...--
I lived in an apartment next door to two elderly people in the early stages of Alzheimer's and not ONCE did they ever try to enter my apartment thinking it was their own.

She wasn't mistaken about whose apartment it was. She's lying.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:39 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
It’s a crazy story. I don’t know how you’re able to go into the wrong apartment. A person should be able to tell the difference automatically between their apartment and someone else’s. She didn’t noticed that the furniture was different? The layout (potentially) being different? The difference in pictures (or none at all) on the wall? It really makes me wonder if she was on any drugs or alcohol. I just have a hard time totally believing this story.
Agree. It is hard to believe. It certainly is no excuse to fatally shoot someone, even if it were credible.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
The officer certainly but unless the apartment complex used same keys for different apartments it can't be at fault...
I think she was "impaired" in some way
Note that she parked on the 4th floor--
Is there open parking???
I imagine each apartment has one parking space assigned to each apartment
I bet she was not parking in HER spot for some reason
If it was available--someone didn't park in her spot and block her out--then she overshot 3rd for 4th--
That is sign she was not functioning normally...
People park on their floor so they get off by their apartment...

No one has really addressed why she parked on the wrong floor which likely has a bearing on how she ended up at Jean's front door...

Old 09-12-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
Interesting perspective about the glaring contradictions in the case from Dallas' D Magazine:

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...-jean-killing/
This is interesting:

Quote:
Branham goes on to paraphrase Dallas Police Association head Mike Mata at great length about such extenuating factors as police overwork and his supposed concerns about Guyger’s safety. “Guyger has received threats online and through her phone,” she reports, citing no particular evidence other than the claims of Mata, who in the course of asserting that Guyger has received “texts” but is currently “safe” rather foolishly reveals that a manslaughter suspect who may ultimately be charged with murder by a grand jury seems not to have had her phone taken up as evidence during her three-day grace period, or perhaps even afterward. Jean’s iPhone, meanwhile, was indeed taken as evidence.
Yes--I would think they would want to track her tower tags in the hours before the shooting to see if her actual presence agrees with her story
I imagine she wouldn't admit to going to any bars after clocking out
Supposedly she DID ask to have blood drawn to show she was not under the influence...

They could have mirrored her phone
But sometimes people have two
One for "official business" and one for "personal" business...

Old 09-12-2018, 04:56 PM

it is prudent to stop regarding the law enforcement community as the most reliable source of information on an incident involving a vastly unusual killing by one of their own.
This is the comment I took away as significant
The LEOs will always protect their own
(And Texas Rangers are just LEOs in suits...)

They did for her once before when she shot the guy who was "trying to steal her taser" a couple of years ago...
She was placed on a high-profile task force early in her career and did something that sounded like a rookie mistake w/o really suffering any penalty...
The guy they were trying to apprehend had a prior history of being a "bad guy" so no one was looking to protect his rights really...

Old 09-12-2018, 05:01 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Agree, unless you're under the influence how do you not know you're on the wrong floor?

As you said you have look down when you put the key in, how do you miss the red carpet?
And if a door that should be locked is unlocked, you look twice at everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas