Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM

251 posts, read 1,531,974 times

Advertisements

I need some good areas where me and my wife can do some fishing.I would like to be on a boat doing it but i have a 1 year old son so i that's not going to happen.I'm looking for a clean place (not to many insects flying around)where we can just sit on the edge of the water where we would have a good chance to catch a fish or two to make it worth our while.
Thanks for the recommendations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 09:18 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,264 times
this may be too far north for you, but we fish / ski at Lake Ray Roberts. If you go to the Isle DuBois area, there is a pier you can fish from. There are also restrooms, covered picnic tables, nature trails and a swimming beach in that same general area.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:40 AM

251 posts, read 1,531,974 times
Default Is a fishing license needed to do some fishing?

I was told i need a license to fish at any lake is that true?Im probably gona just fish twice a year(from ground not boat) with the family just for fun do i still need a license or will it depend on what type of fishing i do?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:39 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Yes, you need a fishing license. You can get one at any bait store. You will find people fishing at Lake Ray Hubbard, Lewisville Lake and every other lake around. The top lakes for fishing though are Lake Fork and Lake Tawakoni (both by each other east of Dallas). There are some parks around Lake Ray Hubbard that have peirs to fish from.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
You can go up to Lake Texoma and fish on the river side of the dam, just past the dam, right on the Oklahoma state line. You can fish from the shore there. You can also fish on the lake side of the dam at many spots. It's a huge lake.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:44 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,264 times
If you can find someone with a private pond, you won't need a license. If you're going to one of the lakes, you're supposed to have one. The type of license you need depends on where you fish. If you're just fishing around dallas, then the freshwater one will do. You can get a one day resident pass for around $10 or one for a year(but check the start date...its not a year from when you buy it, but rather wildlife & fisheries dept designates the year start/stop date) which is around $30 I think. If you go down south to saltwater fish, you'll need a different. Also, it you go up to Lake Texoma, there's a different license. Texas Parks & Wildlife Department | Welcome should have all the info you need.

Also, be mindful of the size / catch limit on fish. The size or number you can take varies with type of fish and even can vary from lake to lake.

The weather is beautiful today! I wish I were out fishing right now myself.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,175 times
There are some private parks that don't require one. They usually have an entry fee of $10. You can also just purchase a day/week license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: