Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 07:19 PM

15 posts, read 37,746 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am fifteen weeks pregnant, due end of September, and planning on moving to the Sherman area. Do any of yall know how good their OB's and birthing centers are near there? Friendly, attentive, intelligent..etc, anything you would be concerned about as a husband of a pregnant wife or a pregnant woman...Or should I drive a little further for a better location? Any input would be highly appreciated as I would like to beable to tell my hospital where to transfer my records to before we leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 02:19 AM

45 posts, read 219,618 times
When I lived in Sherman, I still saw my Ob/Gyn in Dallas. ...So I cant give you names of Ob/Gyns in Sherman. However, I will say I would NOT go to Wilson N Jones- its one of the worst hospitals in Tx. Drive the distance to TMC- you'll be happy you did. If you desire a non-hospital birth, try the Allen Birthing center.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 PM

20 posts, read 75,317 times
Default OB's in Sherman

I agree, don't go to Wilson N. Jones. I've lived in Sherman for almost 20 years. Both of my babies were born at Texoma Medical Center in Denison ( TMC). Well worth the 10 minute drive. The ob's are ok. Moderator cut: sorry, not allowed Not much up here in midwives or natural hippy dippy births. Kinda behind the times. Pediatricians are scarce, not very many that take new patients,so get in on that early. Moderator cut: not allowed Any other TMC pediatrician is ok.
Good luck!

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-23-2010 at 07:12 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,299 times
Well... My thoughts are not going to be popular but we have had three very positive experiences with WNJ. One was an ER visit which did take a long time, but that is to be expected and then my hubby had ankle surgery and then he also had a heart cath done there. I have friends who delivered babies at WNJ and they have no big complaints. I use Dr. Stacey Thornton for GYN. He's a nice guy and his parents go to church with us. I have a check up later this week as a matter of fact... :-)

I hope you like Sherman. We have only lived here for a couple of years and we love it here. It has been an easy place to get to know people and settle in.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,130 times
My ob left but I love my pediatrician - Dr. Lanna McClain. My kids always want to go by and say hi, and she's always been then when we've needed her. Hope this advice is not too late.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 5,716 times
I love TMC, it is a great, family-centered hospital. I had my C/Section there. Dr. Abrantes is wise, caring, and professional. Dr Parker is wonderful and all of his patients seem to really like him. Dr. Hermann, as well, takes a lot of time with his patients. Dr. Nabors, a woman is coming in August. I have only had good experiences with the pediatricians,although some aren't taking new patients, and I am so sad to say that Dr. McClain moved away. I think you will find an OBGYN that will mesh with your personality! Go to TMC!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 5,211 times
I've not been to any of the docs listed above (mine is at WNJ, now owned by THR Presbyterian Hospitals) but some of the opinions here are truly unbelievable. Do some research... but this is probably not a good place to do it.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:38 PM

7 posts, read 21,895 times
I have had positve interactions at WNJ. My son was born there years ago. I have had a very negative time with TMC. I was lucky to get out alive after a month. Don't like a lot of the docs at TMC and will never go there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas