Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 04:57 PM

577 posts, read 456,801 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to the Turtle Creek area, and am interested in finding a gym and a men's barber shop within walking distance (preferably in Uptown, Oak Lawn or possibly further out).

I'm looking for a gym that focus more on free weights and has a large open space for that. I'm not interested in using machines, so the less the better. If the gym has HIIT and/or Yoga classes that would be a nice bonus. As of now, I'm leaning towards Trophy Fitness Club as that seems to fit all my needs and the location is good, but I wanted to see what other options are out there.

As for a barber shop, I'd like to find a nice place that offers a decently priced beard trim/shave, as I am hoping to find a regular place to go frequently. I'm not too picky on hair cut quality, as my hair cut is fairly basic.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:06 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,261,035 times
Brownie's Barber Shop on Lemmon Ave is a great place to get your hair cut. IDK about beard trimming, I just keep a stubble myself, but it's an awesome old time Barber Shop that is reasonably priced.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:43 AM

692 posts, read 854,908 times
I don't know about a gym for yoga, because I'm an Irving boy, but I *do* know that there's a place just off Oak Lawn on Cedar Springs that has both Feldenkrais Method and Gyrotonics, both of which can get you loose and improve your core ability.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:32 AM

1,074 posts, read 640,265 times
I am in the sports medicine/ gym industry- used to teach at Equinox and cannot say enough good things. Best gym in town, especially for classes. Probably pricier than others around, so that may be a factor. They have tons of yoga, and HIIT classes on the schedule. They like to call their classes unique names, so may not say "HIIT" - you'll have to read the descriptions, but trust me, they are there.
For price- LA Fitness. Their free weight area is large, though the gym tends to be crowded. The location at Cityplace is a flagship location. The location near Love field is not as nice but has bangin yoga classes as I understand it ( I only sub yoga at that location, and typically it is too far for me to get there on time). Both LAF's have HIIT, but they would be called Power Circuit, and it really depends on the instructor. Cheaper gyms such as LAF obviously pay less for instructors so you get what you get. (It's a long story why/how I teach there with my years of experience and credentials, but that's neither here nor there)
Equinox has spa/salon including hair if I remember correctly.
Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: