Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM

948 posts, read 1,138,609 times

Advertisements

Is the pest control treatment any effective during rainy days?

I signed up for the quarterly pest treatment and now they are calling me daily to get their next visit scheduled? It cost $120 per session and I am not sure if it will be worth paying that money especially when its rainy outside. They claim its rain proof or whatever but that's their marketing strategy. Any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 12:19 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
No, it's not effective in the rain, it needs time to dry and be absorbed where they spray. I think it needs 24 hours IIRC.

That being said, we used to have a company come out to spray our home and yard, and we get the same results by doing it ourselves every few months and it's a whole lot cheaper.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:13 AM

53 posts, read 49,710 times
My quarterly treatment is starting to get expensive (They raise their price to $125), for spraying inside / outside and charging for the outside baits.

If you do that yourself, could you share what product you are using ?

Old 02-12-2019, 07:49 AM

We use Ortho Home Defense (works for both interior and exterior) we spray the perimeter of the home and the interior baseboards where they meet the floor, as well as doors and entryways. For the yard, we use Spectracide Triazicide with our spreader for the lawn. It says it lasts 3 months, which seems to be more or less accurate.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:56 AM

948 posts, read 1,138,609 times
The tech who used to come over, he just sprays at one spot on a closet, bathroom and stuff. Not through out the perimeter of the wall/floor. I wonder if that's how its supposed to be done? Sometimes I still see tiny spiders inside our home.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
The tech who used to come over, he just sprays at one spot on a closet, bathroom and stuff. Not through out the perimeter of the wall/floor. I wonder if that's how its supposed to be done? Sometimes I still see tiny spiders inside our home.

That's just being lazy. After I spray, we see ZERO insects inside the home for two months or so, and we live on a golf course, so we get more insects coming into our yard/home than most. I should clarify, we don't spray the baseboards everywhere in our house, only ones that are on an exterior wall, with an exception for interior walls that we have a garage on the other side.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:42 AM

3 posts, read 1,817 times
Hello,

If you don’t know how to keep bugs and mosquitoes away from your home, follow these pest control tips:

Block Their Entry to Your Home
Clean your kitchen
Get rid of standing water
Maintain your garden
Don’t waste your fruits and Veggies

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas