Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 652 times

Advertisements

Hello. My name is Gerald Udoroh. I am 25 years old and is currently working for G4S in Michigan. I am looking to move to Dallas no later than August. I looked up some apartments, and have a good idea of options I can choose from. I am currently in school taking up criminal justice. I am stuck at how I would get my belongings down there. I don't want to go over budget because I would like to have money when I get down there no household items or necessities for that matter. can I get any feedback on things such as transportation, lifestyles, what to expect when I get there, things of that nature. By the way, this will be my first apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 12:19 PM

8,147 posts, read 8,348,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald udoroh View Post
Hello. My name is Gerald Udoroh. I am 25 years old and is currently working for G4S in Michigan. I am looking to move to Dallas no later than August. I looked up some apartments, and have a good idea of options I can choose from. I am currently in school taking up criminal justice. I am stuck at how I would get my belongings down there. I don't want to go over budget because I would like to have money when I get down there no household items or necessities for that matter. can I get any feedback on things such as transportation, lifestyles, what to expect when I get there, things of that nature. By the way, this will be my first apartment.
You need a car and income to survive in Dallas. If you don’t come with an steady income source, you’ll probably need to stay in a cheap hotel or Airbnb while you get temporary work and finally land a regular job. Just bring your personal effects in your vehicle. Our traffic is very congested so you will not want to commit to a lease until you have a real job to be sure to live near your work. We get many hail storms in the Spring so if you have a very nice car be sure you can park it some place under cover and that you carry comprehensive auto insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: