Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:42 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,503,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJag View Post
Bless your heart.
You must be a Texan by birth....hope you didn't take any offense to my disagreement about the neighborhoods that were Lovejoy ISD, they were just fresh in my mind cause of my relo to Texas 3 yrs ago with my now ex husband. It's a reason I probably don't have the *best* view of Texas...Lol...but I thought I could be helpful by chiming in cause it was 1 of the areas we looked at the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 12:24 PM

45 posts, read 52,302 times
I have no idea why you think we have a disagreement as to what neighborhoods are in Lovejoy ISD. Re-read my posts.

As for your opinion as to future commercial development of the area based on a drive-by 3 years ago, I have no interest in debating you. I do think you made some very specific claims based on very little. But I was just trying to provide more recent and germane information for those considering the area, as someone who actually lived there and may have a fuller picture. But you are entitled to your opinion of course.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I have no idea why you think we have a disagreement as to what neighborhoods are in Lovejoy ISD. Re-read my posts.

As for your opinion as to future commercial development of the area based on a drive-by 3 years ago, I have no interest in debating you. I do think you made some very specific claims based on very little. But I was just trying to provide more recent and germane information for those considering the area, as someone who actually lived there and may have a fuller picture. But you are entitled to your opinion of course.
Cause O.P. was talking about Lovejoy ISD & you went south on Angel to Celebration Park....where it's not Lovejoy ISD. It's true we bought (& now sold) in Frisco...but it was specifically neighborhoods we looked at 3 yrs ago, so I thought I could be helpful...more helpful than talking about the Celebration Park area. O.P. mentioned rezoning....& I talked about Stacy being torn up beyond Angel...which is an important thing to say & have to deal with....when looking at those neighborhoods as Stacy is the main way in & out of them other than through Bellegrove off of Angel...

Old 04-12-2019, 03:26 PM

427 posts, read 487,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Cause O.P. was talking about Lovejoy ISD & you went south on Angel to Celebration Park....where it's not Lovejoy ISD. It's true we bought (& now sold) in Frisco...but it was specifically neighborhoods we looked at 3 yrs ago, so I thought I could be helpful...more helpful than talking about the Celebration Park area. O.P. mentioned rezoning....& I talked about Stacy being torn up beyond Angel...which is an important thing to say & have to deal with....when looking at those neighborhoods as Stacy is the main way in & out of them other than through Bellegrove off of Angel...
Think it is better if you stay away from your Ex's - location etc...and move on..

Old 04-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWUser1 View Post
Think it is better if you stay away from your Ex's - location etc...and move on..
I'm moving from Texas this weekend so I will be far away from my ex husband (he is staying in Frisco)...new relationship, new job, new city, new life! Thank you!

Old 04-12-2019, 04:03 PM

427 posts, read 487,595 times
Quote:
I'm moving from Texas this weekend so I will be far away from my ex husband (he is staying in Frisco)...new relationship, new job, new city, new life! Thank you!
Good! All the best!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:59 PM

117 posts, read 149,360 times
Quote:
Bless your heart.
I've been in Lovejoy here over 15 years and over 20 years in this corner of Collin County. I remember when Angel was a cattle guard gate and Celebration park was fields. I have survived the Stacy road development (taught two kids how to drive during the construction) and I completely agree with AFJag. There are no plans for apartments or box stores East of Greenville. I think this realtor got a better commission on the Frisco house... There are a few (2 maybe 3 lots) that could hold some small businesses or mini-strip malls, but no big box stores. And all of those lots are in McKinney ISD between Greenville and Angel/Meandering Way. Lovejoy has zero apartment complexes, the closest we have to apartments are a few scattered garage apartments/pool houses.

I can easily make 75/121 in 5-8 minutes depending on lights and traffic and if you live in North Fairview off of Country club it's even less.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:11 AM

There is no rezoning and won't be any. A McKinney ISD neighborhood attempted to be rezoned to Lovejoy and was denied.

https://starlocalmedia.com/mckinneyc...9bb2963f4.html

(This was a horrible article and far from the truth. McKinney took no action at their board meeting so Lovejoy voted no at their meeting, and then and only then did McKinney say no, and I don't actually recall McKinney's board ever calling for a vote after their first tabling of the issue)

The district lines were set over 100 years ago and are not easily subject to change. If you have a property in mind check the zoning here:

https://www.collincad.org/propertysearch

If that doesn't clear up then contact the Lovejoy ISD at 469-742-8000 they can help and even give a tour of the district. If Lovejoy isn't for you then good luck and let us know where you are looking and I'm sure the posters here will do their best to help.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovejoy_family View Post
I've been in Lovejoy here over 15 years and over 20 years in this corner of Collin County. I remember when Angel was a cattle guard gate and Celebration park was fields. I have survived the Stacy road development (taught two kids how to drive during the construction) and I completely agree with AFJag. There are no plans for apartments or box stores East of Greenville. I think this realtor got a better commission on the Frisco house... There are a few (2 maybe 3 lots) that could hold some small businesses or mini-strip malls, but no big box stores. And all of those lots are in McKinney ISD between Greenville and Angel/Meandering Way. Lovejoy has zero apartment complexes, the closest we have to apartments are a few scattered garage apartments/pool houses.

I can easily make 75/121 in 5-8 minutes depending on lights and traffic and if you live in North Fairview off of Country club it's even less.
What ISD is all the apartments in Fairview...behind the mall? I know Fairview is Lovejoy ISD but maybe the apts are zoned for somewhere else. The Cortona is a big 1 but I think there are a few more large complexes in that area off Stacy.

You may be right about the realtor's commission in Frisco....but I'm happy. We sold a few months ago for much more than we paid just 3 short yrs ago.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
What ISD is all the apartments in Fairview...behind the mall? I know Fairview is Lovejoy ISD but maybe the apts are zoned for somewhere else. The Cortona is a big 1 but I think there are a few more large complexes in that area off Stacy.

You may be right about the realtor's commission in Frisco....but I'm happy. We sold a few months ago for much more than we paid just 3 short yrs ago.
Most of Fairview is Lovejoy ISD, however, not all. The mall, everything along Greenville, and Stacy Road all the way to Meandering Way (Angel) are in McKinney ISD. The far eastern edges of Fairview are also McKinney ISD. The district lines were drawn over 100 years ago and some of the boundary landmarks used no longer exist.

Everything around Fairview Town Center (FTC), formerly known as the Village of Fairview is zoned for McKinney ISD.

Glad you are happy with your move. If anyone is interested in Lovejoy, or any district, I suggest contacting the admin and asking for a tour and verifying the house they are interested in is in the district (or zoned to the schools) they want. Also, ask about possible school zoning changes. We chose to avoid Frisco and Prosper so our kids wouldn't be moved between schools because of all the growth that rezoning brings. Even in Lovejoy, we were rezoned to a new elementary once, but we knew ahead of time and well over half my kid's friends went with them to the knew school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas