Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 07:10 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,173,706 times

Advertisements

I’ve had Verizon then Frontier for ever. I’m wondering if I’m missing out on anything. How do you like your provider or package?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 07:17 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
We ditched satellite TV years ago and don't miss it at all.

We have two Apple TV. Through that, we have Hulu and Amazon prime TV because we have Amazon Prime. We pay $8 a month for Hulu and we would have Amazon Prime anyway. During the fall, my husband pays for Sling so he can watch football. We have saved a ton of money. There is more than enough to watch. We used to have Netflix but switched to Hulu because they have current season shows, and Netflix kept raising their prices.

Just something to think about.

Old 04-05-2019, 02:30 PM

77 posts, read 316,725 times
I had ATT uverse for about 5 years and finally "cut the cord".

Switched to spectrum for faster internet at a cheaper price, and signed up for youtubetv and philo to save some money. At first I thought I would miss out on the regular cable programming but after a week or so, like calgirlinnc, I don't feel like I'm missing anything even though I have a lot less channels.

Probably going to drop philo eventually being that I barely go onto that app to watch those channels (discovery, diy, etc...)

Old 04-05-2019, 10:06 PM

213 posts, read 183,362 times
We just signed up for Spectrum TV and internet, because wife's too scared of giving up convenience of cable box. We even pay extra to have DVR-service. Pretty sure we'll drop it at some point, unless it's priced in particular with the the streaming services. We really need Nickelodeon Jr. though...that's the only way I get to drink my coffee warm during the weekend.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
We cut the cord a while back and we don't miss it at all.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:14 AM

108 posts, read 121,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
We cut the cord a while back and we don't miss it at all.
It took me a while to do the same - I was afraid of the withdrawal symptoms. Finally pulled the trigger and could not be happier.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:01 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
It took the integration of streaming services on Roku to make it satisfactory for my wife. Having to switch between inputs, roam around various interfaces, et cetera, made too much effort out of leisure. Roku puts everything in one place in a fairly efficient interface, so she's happy with not having a specific cable programming service.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:46 PM

63 posts, read 49,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanByMarriage View Post
We just signed up for Spectrum TV and internet, because wife's too scared of giving up convenience of cable box. We even pay extra to have DVR-service. Pretty sure we'll drop it at some point, unless it's priced in particular with the the streaming services. We really need Nickelodeon Jr. though...that's the only way I get to drink my coffee warm during the weekend.
This was the big thing for us, too, but were pleasantly surprised by the variety and availability on Netflix and Amazon. PJ Masks, Daniel Tiger, Super Why, etc., plus our newest obsessions Dinotrux (for the 5-year-old) and Chuggington (for the 2-year-old). I did cave and buy one PAW Patrol special on Amazon, because I'm a sucker.

Last edited by grilledcheeseftw; 04-09-2019 at 03:02 PM..

Old 04-09-2019, 04:03 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilledcheeseftw View Post
This was the big thing for us, too, but were pleasantly surprised by the variety and availability on Netflix and Amazon. PJ Masks, Daniel Tiger, Super Why, etc., plus our newest obsessions Dinotrux (for the 5-year-old) and Chuggington (for the 2-year-old). I did cave and buy one PAW Patrol special on Amazon, because I'm a sucker.
Yes, Amazon has pretty good choices.

Another option is pre-owned blu-rays ... with the bonus of no commercials!

Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM

213 posts, read 183,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Another option is pre-owned blu-rays ... with the bonus of no commercials!
Absolutely, we just moved here and got a bunch of DVDs with our stuff arriving next month. Most of them bought used for next to nothing. Kids love going through physical covers for movies, which streaming won't replace. But I can't go through that every time I need a frickin' minute

Good comment on Roku. Our new incoming TV has that built in, so I'll have to try that out! Maybe we'll drop the cable box soon as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: