Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 10:29 AM

5,265 posts, read 6,405,851 times

Advertisements

I think there are occasionally shortages of certain products due perhaps to weather or issues at the factory. They aren't really noticeable because grocery stores carry so many products unless it's a specific product you want. It was shredded wheat for me last year - for a solid month it was almost completely unavailable at any of the stores I regularly shop at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2019, 10:57 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
After reading this post....I have to get some of this chocolate milk....will try the Krogers on Eldorado Pkwy
I'm not sure if this is urban legend or true but the story goes that Promised Land chocolate milk and it's long defunct chocolate ice cream share nearly identical recipes. FWIIW PL is owned by Borden and all of it's milks are ultra-pasteurized. However, apparently all of the cows are still Jersey breed. Pretty impressive stuff.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:21 AM

578 posts, read 479,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
goto BRAUMS! great milk/choc-milk at great prices - no hormones and no antibiotics (fed to their herd)!
They have their own private dairy - for making their ice-creams - for strict quality control. -https://www.braums.com/milk-process/
Great stuff!
I haven't been to Braums since they downsized the patty.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:23 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,175,469 times
Qu'ils mangent de la brioche! If Queen Mary Antoinette was still around, she may suggest a good solution.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:28 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I'm not sure if this is urban legend or true but the story goes that Promised Land chocolate milk and it's long defunct chocolate ice cream share nearly identical recipes. FWIIW PL is owned by Borden and all of it's milks are ultra-pasteurized. However, apparently all of the cows are still Jersey breed. Pretty impressive stuff.

Not exactly, PL is owned by Grupo Lala, which also now owns Borden and several other dairy brands. They've owned PL for about a decade now, but they've taken pains not to show that many of the regional milk brands across the country are Mexican owned.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:40 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
I think some of the Cali fires last yr hit the almond growing areas and it has caused a disruption and at the same time the product has gotten more popular.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoDeb View Post
After reading this post....I have to get some of this chocolate milk....will try the Krogers on Eldorado Pkwy
I don't drink it myself, but hope you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
I think there are occasionally shortages of certain products due perhaps to weather or issues at the factory. They aren't really noticeable because grocery stores carry so many products unless it's a specific product you want. It was shredded wheat for me last year - for a solid month it was almost completely unavailable at any of the stores I regularly shop at.
Interesting, thanks. Yeah I wondered if there was a production problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I can believe the milk is basically liquid ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
Qu'ils mangent de la brioche! If Queen Mary Antoinette was still around, she may suggest a good solution.
This has gone over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
I think some of the Cali fires last yr hit the almond growing areas and it has caused a disruption and at the same time the product has gotten more popular.
Sorry for a dumb question, but what do almonds have to do with chocolate milk? Someone else up thread mentioned almonds and bees, and I don't get the connection.

Found some yesterday! Yay!

Old 04-17-2019, 01:23 PM

1,074 posts, read 641,040 times
Sorry for a dumb question, but what do almonds have to do with chocolate milk? Someone else up thread mentioned almonds and bees, and I don't get the connection.

I had said that I notice my chocolate almond "milk" is also gone in a lot of stores and I thought it was the problem with the almonds, but must be a problem with the chocolate if the assertion that the chocolate dairy milk was also not stocked is true

Old 04-17-2019, 01:32 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post

I had said that I notice my chocolate almond "milk" is also gone in a lot of stores and I thought it was the problem with the almonds, but must be a problem with the chocolate if the assertion that the chocolate dairy milk was also not stocked is true
Maybe there is a shortage of chocolate cows?

Old 04-17-2019, 01:34 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Maybe there is a shortage of chocolate cows?
Beat me to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: