Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 11:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,014 times

Advertisements

Please suggest good Indian community apartments in Plano. Preferably Tamilians.
TIA

Old 09-02-2019, 01:34 PM

13 posts, read 15,933 times
May be speaking out of turn here, but I understand the desire to be around people from the same country as you. However, the "preferably Tamilians" comment baffles me. You will be in Plano with many other Indians and fortunately folks from all over the world. Take the time to get to know them irrespective of ethnicity.

One thing we do not need, especially now, is tribalism.

You'll be fine in Plano, Carrollton, Frisco, Irving or any other northern suburb.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:36 PM

290 posts, read 364,931 times
Most apartments in North Plano and South Frisco have huge Indian populations. Some complexes included Riachi 121, estancia ridgeview Ranch, Kia Ora, McDermott Place.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,162,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFin214 View Post
May be speaking out of turn here, but I understand the desire to be around people from the same country as you. However, the "preferably Tamilians" comment baffles me. You will be in Plano with many other Indians and fortunately folks from all over the world. Take the time to get to know them irrespective of ethnicity.

One thing we do not need, especially now, is tribalism.

You'll be fine in Plano, Carrollton, Frisco, Irving or any other northern suburb.

^^^^ This.

You're moving to the United States. We don't bite. Get to know us.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:00 AM

82 posts, read 68,247 times
By the way OP, what your referring to is called steering which is illegal.

Learn a little something called diversity.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:35 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,396,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
By the way OP, what your referring to is called steering which is illegal.

Illegal for an institution or transaction perhaps. Simply asking where other people similar to them live is in no way illegal.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:40 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,320,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Illegal for an institution or transaction perhaps. Simply asking where other people similar to them live is in no way illegal.
No. But it is racist.

Plano doesn't need this. I would encourage OP to find somewhere else to live.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:38 AM

213 posts, read 182,162 times
Oh man, a little quick to pull the racist card there, based on a fairly simple request.

I'd suggest OP to rethink priorities on deciding on an area. When we looked at rentals we went to a couple of neighborhoods in Frisco that we almost immediately ruled out because it's obvious how predominantly Indian it was (call me racist, idc). So if buying, that puts a limit on potential resale as you might rule out many non-Indian buyers.

And also, as noted by others, please embrace the multi-cultural society that Dallas is. I love how my kids grow up with black/Asian/white/hispanic friends, as they see no difference between the race of their friends. My 5 yo come home and tell me about new friends he has made at school, and not a single time has the color/race been part of how he describes them. This world sure will be a better place as the kids grow up around all kinds of people, instead of fearing them because they're different.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:09 PM

24 posts, read 56,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnley View Post
No kidding, and with as many of these 'can someone tell me where to live that has a whole bunch of ____ people' you'd think more people would say something like this..

Kudos.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:26 PM

514 posts, read 444,506 times
While I typically try to promote diversity, I would like to be open here without knowing OP's background. Are they coming from a different country? If so, I would understand wanting to live amongst those who understand where you came from or your language. If I were to move to another country today, I would likely search for areas with higher concentrations of Americans with the hope that there would be some people who can relate to me when I first move there.

I have no idea why OP wants to live amongst Tamilians. Therefore, I am not going to chastise them for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: