Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 08:39 AM

5 posts, read 9,684 times

Advertisements

I currently have a decent mechanic who does good work on my vehicle and gives me good prices on work and parts, but he can't seem to do anything without damaging my vehicle every time.

It is extremely difficult to find a mechanic of this nature, and I wouldn't be looking, but his last damage to my vehicle caused me to have it in the shop for almost a week. I just can't afford that any longer.

I need to find a reliable, honest, concerened, caring, customer friendly mechanic who gives good rates and is open late during the week and on Saturdays (which is difficult in itself).

Usually when something happens to my vehcile, it's on the way to work, and I will go by the shop after work to have it looked at or repaired.

I work in the Renner/Jupiter area of Richardson and live in East Plano, and would prefer to keep within a few miles of that area.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 02:10 PM

565 posts, read 558,731 times
What is the make and model ?

Reason I ask is because the 2 best mechanics i've ever had where those that specialized in a specific brand/type (for example my last mechanic was a private business that only did acura/honda and they where literally flawless). Would still be using them if I still owned Honda

Late during weekdays and Saturdays is gonna be tough. Most of the places that do that are dealerships or mechanic chains which I personally would never want touching my car.

Old 09-19-2019, 03:18 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
I know a great one but he is not open late or on Saturdays. Good luck

Old 09-19-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I know a great one but he is not open late or on Saturdays. Good luck
Yeah great mechanic and open late/saturdays is gonna be tough.

Part of the reason most of the great mechanic are great is because they value there families and co-workers so they try to create a life balance.

A good portion of the places that are open 70+ hours a week hire young cheap mechanics that went to a poorly run unaccredited school.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
Yeah great mechanic and open late/saturdays is gonna be tough.
I would prioritize quality mechanic over the Saturday hours.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:44 AM

25 posts, read 63,568 times
If you have an Audi or VW, Blair Automotive is fantastic.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:49 PM

92 posts, read 143,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
What is the make and model ?

Reason I ask is because the 2 best mechanics i've ever had where those that specialized in a specific brand/type (for example my last mechanic was a private business that only did acura/honda and they where literally flawless). Would still be using them if I still owned Honda

Late during weekdays and Saturdays is gonna be tough. Most of the places that do that are dealerships or mechanic chains which I personally would never want touching my car.
Hi, I own a Honda. Would you mind posting contact info? Thanks.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:31 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,240,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstripes View Post
I currently have a decent mechanic who does good work on my vehicle

Ok, with you so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonstripes View Post
he can't seem to do anything without damaging my vehicle every time.
You lost me. That's not a decent mechanic, that's gross incompetence.

For a Honda, just about any shop can work on them, and a lot of them will have weekend hours. Since that is a requirement for you, you should just be taking it to the dealership. If they break anything on the car, they're on the hook to fix it.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
Hi, I own a Honda. Would you mind posting contact info? Thanks.
Hondew (13664 Floyd Cir, Dallas, TX 75243).

It's over by Texas Instruments (basically where East Richardson meets Dallas).

Probably the best Honda mechanic in the metroplex but part of the reason why all the mechanics have been there since they opened is life balance (no weekends and close weekdays at 6pm).

If you need the weekend hours but don't want some teenager messing up you car then an actual honda dealership will be just a step below Hondew quality wise (price will be significantly higher though).

Old 09-23-2019, 09:13 AM

446 posts, read 846,300 times
Funny you mention Hondew, my preferred shop (All Star Auto Clinic) moved from their Plano location to a larger space next to Hondew.

OP you can contact Joe who runs All Star, they are open many Saturdays but are closed on certain weekends. https://www.allstarautoclinic.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas