Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 08:33 AM

9 posts, read 77,267 times

Advertisements

We're going to visit Dallas very soon to pick out an area to which to relocate. We'll probably end up having a home built. Our requirements are:

New or newer subdivision (less than 5 years old).
On or very near a recreational lake.
Price range $400K to $600K.

We've researched and will be looking at The Tribute (The Colony, on Lake Lewisville) and Grand Peninsula (Grand Prairie, on Joe Pool Lake). Any other suggestions?

BTW, schools are not a concern, as we are empty nesters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 08:49 AM

37 posts, read 107,002 times
You might want to consider Lavon, it is a newly developed area and close to Lake Lavon and Lake Ray Hubbard. Other areas close to those lakes are Wylie and Sachse. You are also close to The Harbor on Lake Ray Hubbard with restuarants and shopping and 5 minutes from the new Firewheel Town Center with shopping and entertainment.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 AM

9 posts, read 77,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angram73 View Post
You might want to consider Lavon, it is a newly developed area and close to Lake Lavon and Lake Ray Hubbard. Other areas close to those lakes are Wylie and Sachse. You are also close to The Harbor on Lake Ray Hubbard with restuarants and shopping and 5 minutes from the new Firewheel Town Center with shopping and entertainment.
Do you know the names of the subdivisions and/or builders in that area? We're looking for a subdivision where there are a few production builders (Drees, Sotherby, KHov, etc), and you pick out a lot and plan that you like, and then have it built.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
If you are wanting to be in a newer subdivision that is focused on the lake then I'd suggest Lake Ray Hubbard. Of the other area lakes in the region it is the ONLY one that allows you to build a private boathouse if you have lakefront property and do the leaseback from the city. There are many marinas and restaurants around the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard as well as many different housing developments. Easy to get into Dallas from here as well. Rockwall is growing and getting plenty of new restaurants and shopping (ate at Celebrity Bakery the other day in The Harbor - YUM). It is a recreational lake that stays more a constant level as the City of Dallas owns the lake and uses it for the power plant over on the Sunnyvale side. They pull water in from Lake Tawakoni to the east to keep the water levels up. There are also some areas for LRH for kayaking as well. You will see boaters, fishing, personal watercraft and sailboats on Lake Ray Hubbard. HUGE lake for sailing in the area.

Communities to look in are:
The Shores in Rockwall (Drees builds in here as well as other top end builders)
Chandlers Landing
oh geez, my mind is totally going blank on me know as there are a TON of communities on the lake side going out Ridge Rd towards Heath from I-30. URGH! Buffalo Creek is the largest on that side but does not have lakefront properties. Nice golf course though and great setting of custom homes.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 AM

37 posts, read 107,002 times
There is a community in Lavon called Grand Heritage. The builders there are Bowen Family Homes, Legacy Homes, Fox and Jacobs and KHov is coming soon. In Sachse there is a community called Woodbridge with Parkmont Homes, KHov, David Weekly, New Lineage and Horizon.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:48 PM

2 posts, read 8,989 times
Another nice community is Shadow Lakes near Wills Point. It is a newer community right off of I20 with private stocked fishing lakes and acreage homesites. There are a lot of good amenities for the home owners, and I would say that all the houses that I've seen there have ranged from $400k-$600k. Some of the home builders are KP homes, Star C, Pope, and a few others, but you can also bring your own builder. There are also many lakes close by including, Ray Hubbard, Tawakoni, Fork, and Cedar Creek. I would give you the contact information of some friends of mine out there, but I don't know if that is allowed. Hope this was helpful to you and good luck on your search.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:01 AM

434 posts, read 1,481,668 times
Default New Lake Subdivisions Around DFW?

The Sanctuary at Lakeridge is supposed to be really nice and the final gated community at Lakeridge.
There is also talk of an Intercontinetal Resort coming to Joe Pool lake. Has anyone else heard that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas