Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Dallas ever be Texas' 2nd biggest city again?
Yes 15 27.27%
No 40 72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 11:03 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,392,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeman37 View Post
I bet if Dallas ever was to pass Houston in population, there would be alot of high-fiving, chest-bumping and celebrating going on in Dallas.

You hit the nail right on the head. They already think that DART is the greatest thing ever invented...I can just IMAGINE the level of mile-wide grins that would show if Dallas were to somehow overtake Houston as Texas' biggest city [/quote]

Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder who "they" are. I live in the DFW area, been here for over 20 years, and I can assure you I dont give much thought to Houston, NYC, or any other city honestly. Too busy living life and dealing with the daily challenges of family, work and life in general. The people who have that much free time to get worked up over a city with absolutely nothing to do with their daily lives...well what can I tell you. Too much free time. But hey, to each their own.

Old 01-18-2020, 04:31 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,395,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
You must live in Dallas or one of its suburbs. It's usually the people who live in a city that is lagging are the ones who don't care too much for these types of competitions.

You're right, though, it really doesn't matter, but some people enjoy some friendly competition.

I bet if Dallas ever was to pass Houston in population, there would be alot of high-fiving, chest-bumping and celebrating going on in Dallas.
I disagree....because we really can already do this being the largest METRO in the State or better yet the South...but we don't do it.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:09 PM

16 posts, read 7,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
[/b]

You hit the nail right on the head. They already think that DART is the greatest thing ever invented...I can just IMAGINE the level of mile-wide grins that would show if Dallas were to somehow overtake Houston as Texas' biggest city
Not disagreeing with you, but I wonder who "they" are. I live in the DFW area, been here for over 20 years, and I can assure you I dont give much thought to Houston, NYC, or any other city honestly. Too busy living life and dealing with the daily challenges of family, work and life in general. The people who have that much free time to get worked up over a city with absolutely nothing to do with their daily lives...well what can I tell you. Too much free time. But hey, to each their own.[/quote]

I meant "They" as in the few Dallasites/Metroplexians in this forum who tend to take the slightest critical statement about something to do with their city and blow it WAAAAY out of proportion. You're right in that anybody who gets that worked up over a damn city needs to have their head checked. Apparently, the ones I'm talking about could care less.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:29 PM

16 posts, read 7,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I disagree....because we really can already do this being the largest METRO in the State or better yet the South...but we don't do it.

Lol...

You "Don't" because you can't RIGHTFULLY brag about having to combine two large metropolises and their VERY MANY smaller towns that surround them in order to have what STILL only amounts to a SLIGHTLY more populous metro area in order to try to one-up a city that BY ITSELF has a population greater than that of the aforementioned two large metropolises COMBINED.

But hey...if it makes you feel jolly to chest-thump yourselves about what basically is a "win" by what basically amounts to a TECHNICALITY...then have at it, bub.

Old 01-18-2020, 10:16 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,395,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeman37 View Post
Lol...

You "Don't" because you can't RIGHTFULLY brag about having to combine two large metropolises and their VERY MANY smaller towns that surround them in order to have what STILL only amounts to a SLIGHTLY more populous metro area in order to try to one-up a city that BY ITSELF has a population greater than that of the aforementioned two large metropolises COMBINED.

But hey...if it makes you feel jolly to chest-thump yourselves about what basically is a "win" by what basically amounts to a TECHNICALITY...then have at it, bub.
If Houston excluded Galveston it would be EVEN FARTHER behind..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas