U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 14,724 times
Default Summer Activities/Camps for Kids

We live in Keller and are looking for activities for our kids Age 6 and 3.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 12:02 PM

582 posts, read 1,777,144 times
You have a local YMCA near you that offers Camp Carter for the 6 yr old. Tons of activities. As a current Y employee (different branch) I can say they screen and educate all staff prior to anyone coming into contact with the kiddies. (Camp Carter YMCA:*Welcome to Camp Carter YMCA!)
If that is not an option lots of gymnastic places hold different weekly camps even if you are not a club member. We did a gym. comp. in Keller at ASI Gymnastics (super nice gym) so you may want to check them out also.

Welcome to the boards!

Old 04-22-2008, 01:32 PM

33 posts, read 106,480 times
Check out the College For Kids offerings at TCC NE campus. Also the City of Hurst Rec center has a large number of classes. I am not sure what the City of Keller offers, but I'd check there first.

St. Elizabeth Anne Seton in Keller always has a good Vacation Bible School program if you're interested in that type thing too.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 PM

14,874 posts, read 23,072,470 times
Some school districts offer summer camps that only go for one week during a few hours of the day. The churches all have GREAT VBS programs in the summer. I've even made my kids go to a VBS at a church other than our own and they LOVED it and knew a few and met more kids. Church camps as well are a BIG HIT. Both of these are believe it or not more kids from outside of the church than from w/in it as they bring their friends. Mine LOVE going to camp and talk about it all year. I have one going off to the "teen camp" this year (I don't know how to feel).

Some of the local colleges offer fun camps during the summer. SMU has a great program for the gifted kids. Check w/ the local museum's as well.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM

582 posts, read 1,777,144 times
[QUOTE I have one going off to the "teen camp" this year (I don't know how to feel).

QUOTE]

I just had flashbacks to all those teen 80's movies when all the campers were romping around in their undies!

Old 04-23-2008, 06:46 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,072,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
[QUOTE I have one going off to the "teen camp" this year (I don't know how to feel).

QUOTE]

I just had flashbacks to all those teen 80's movies when all the campers were romping around in their undies!
WORSE, I've already told them some stories from MY days at church camp as a teen

Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM

53 posts, read 177,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarguriteHenry View Post
Check out the College For Kids offerings at TCC NE campus. Also the City of Hurst Rec center has a large number of classes. I am not sure what the City of Keller offers, but I'd check there first.

St. Elizabeth Anne Seton in Keller always has a good Vacation Bible School program if you're interested in that type thing too.
Thank you so much for the TCC suggestion! I checked it out and am super excited! I had not heard about it before this but I have a really bright 8 year old who will just love that!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,227 times
Spanish School house offers summer camps

Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,935 times
I am looking for a VBS that includes 2 year olds in the (mid cities area) Hurst, Euless, Bedford, etc.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM

2,234 posts, read 6,423,025 times
Does your library have a summer reading program and weekly activities? My kids loved that - the library would bring in a guest once a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas