Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 11:27 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Id love to agree but considering California is the other state where the virus is growing fastest and they did everything the opposite of us, I dont place too much stock in it.
You have to look at where in Cali though. SF went on the firmest lockdown and is still not very open and their cases are very low.

Inland where they were faster reopening is where the issues seem to be.

I think if Clay Jenkins had been able to call the shots for Dallas County still, we would be in a better position.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:28 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDContribuitor View Post
The number of daily deaths in Texas has stayed pretty much under 50 this whole time. The highest was 58 back on May 14. As the tests become easily available and test results come back relatively quicker, the number of daily positive cases are bound to increase.

I would suggest that we continue to monitor the daily death numbers and should not panic based on the daily new positive cases numbers.
Hospital admits are way up. That's not about more testing, that's about more people getting sick enough to go to the hospital.

Basically what's being proven here is that the public in general, and especially those under 40, are fing idiots, and the state government, being made up of fing idiots, are following the desires of a bunch of fing idiots who can't behave like anything but bored petulant children.

What needs to happen is that the state health department, or city health departments, issue not guidelines, but rules, and anyone who violates them is ARRESTED.

If I got hold of a bag of anthrax powder and went around sprinkling it in public I would be ARRESTED. This behavior is only different in scale.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:36 AM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
The number of daily deaths in Texas has stayed pretty much under 50 this whole time. The highest was 58 back on May 14. As the tests become easily available and test results come back relatively quicker, the number of daily positive cases are bound to increase.

I would suggest that we continue to monitor the daily death numbers and should not panic based on the daily new positive cases numbers.
As I said multiple times, the number of hospitalizations and the positive test rate are hugely up. More than 40% up since Memorial day.

The deaths are lagging indicator, so what happens in the next couple of weeks is to be seen.

P.S. Couple other things about the death counts. It could be that the human body is more capable in fighting the virus in the summer due to seasonal changes in the immune response but not much is known yet. Second, by now , even in the absence of cure, more patients are saved. Regardless, that does not change the fact that infections are rising very quickly.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:45 AM

352 posts, read 778,257 times
Quote:

The problem here is the deaths are being reported as something else as the cause rather than Covid-19. Even in Florida it was known that cases of pneumonia deaths took a surge for some odd reason.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:59 AM

451 posts, read 320,315 times
Please provide your source of information. The hospitalizations as a percentage of available beds/available beds in Dallas county and Texas has remained at around 65% for more than a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
As I said multiple times, the number of hospitalizations and the positive test rate are hugely up. More than 40% up since Memorial day.

The deaths are lagging indicator, so what happens in the next couple of weeks is to be seen.

P.S. Couple other things about the death counts. It could be that the human body is more capable in fighting the virus in the summer due to seasonal changes in the immune response but not much is known yet. Second, by now , even in the absence of cure, more patients are saved. Regardless, that does not change the fact that infections are rising very quickly.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:19 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Please provide your source of information. The hospitalizations as a percentage of available beds/available beds in Dallas county and Texas has remained at around 65% for more than a month now.
https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...pitalizations/

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...l-states/texas

Old 06-11-2020, 12:31 PM

352 posts, read 778,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Hospital admits are way up. That's not about more testing, that's about more people getting sick enough to go to the hospital.

Basically what's being proven here is that the public in general, and especially those under 40, are fing idiots, and the state government, being made up of fing idiots, are following the desires of a bunch of fing idiots who can't behave like anything but bored petulant children.

What needs to happen is that the state health department, or city health departments, issue not guidelines, but rules, and anyone who violates them is ARRESTED.

If I got hold of a bag of anthrax powder and went around sprinkling it in public I would be ARRESTED. This behavior is only different in scale.
The problem is there are too many politics involved that will prevent them from making this type of decision.

This was the issue with the CDC making a statement then out of the blue they retract their statement. They are basically being strong-armed by those in higher authority to not report or under report and to redact the facts.

but yes I agree. especially in texas and especially in Dallas there are lot of selfish, self serving individuals

Old 06-11-2020, 12:32 PM

Note: Hospitalization numbers include hospitalizations from causes other than Covid-19. So, it is quite possible that the hospitalization today will include other diseases while hospitalization from other diseases may have been less last month, because we were treating only Covid-19 patients in April/May.

I am observing the Dallas County hospitalization numbers. Here are the numbers for yesterday based on Dallas Mayor's email and your article reports Dallas and Houston contributing to hospitalization numbers. So it would be interesting to see where this surge that you are reporting is coming from. :
Hospital Reports (as of 6/11)

Here are the bed and ventilator capacity statistics for today as reported by 25 hospitals in the City of Dallas:

Total beds: 6065
Beds occupied: 4153 (68%)
Total ICU beds: 927
ICU beds occupied: 628 (68%)
Total ventilators: 966
Ventilators in use: 325 (34%)

Confirmed Positive Cases of COVID-19 in North Texas (as of 6/11)

12,945 in Dallas County (300 are new) & 274 deaths (3 are new)
6,599 in Tarrant County (166* are new) & 189 deaths (5 are new) (2,897 recovered)
1,599 in Denton County (40 are new) & 36 deaths (1 is new) (796 recovered)
1,597 in Collin County (15 are new) & 37 deaths (0 new) (1,077 recovered)
444 in Ellis County & 18 deaths (335 recovered)
224 in Rockwall County & 15 deaths (172 recovered)
306 in Kaufman County & 1 death (251 recovered)

To provide some context for comparative analysis, here are the numbers from May 31st:
Hospital Reports (as of 5/31)

Here are the bed and ventilator capacity statistics as reported by 25 hospitals in the City of Dallas:

Total beds: 6,049
Beds occupied: 4,053 (67%)
Total ICU beds: 925
ICU beds occupied: 602 (65%)
Total ventilators: 966
Ventilators in use: 333 (34%)

Confirmed Positive Cases of COVID-19 in North Texas (as of 5/31)

10,006 in Dallas County (219 are new) & 228 deaths (5 are new)
5,463 in Tarrant County (84 are new) & 165 deaths (5 are new) (2,292 recovered)
1,357 in Denton County (28 are new) & 31 deaths (1 is new) (673 recovered)
1,297 in Collin County (19 are new) & 34 deaths (0 new) (921 recovered)
335 in Ellis County (8 are new) & 14 deaths (1 is new) (285 recovered)
186 in Rockwall County (8 new) & 12 deaths (0 new) (154 recovered)
212 in Kaufman County (13 are new) & 1 death (0 new) (191 recovered)

Last edited by CDContribuitor; 06-11-2020 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 01:26 PM

I personally think political or other factors, that we are not aware of, are at play, in continuing to highlight positive COVID-19 case #s (and not absolute death numbers) as an indicator of dreadfulness of the disease.

Case in point:
I am not sure why federal and state officials are not providing this important statistic/metric of comparative deaths 2019 vs 2020 for all states. This data is available in the link below for Michigan.
2020 May death numbers was 6861 (including 913 COVID deaths); That number represents a decline of 16% from the 2019 May numbers. If we remove the 913 COVID death numbers, it would represent a 27% decline in the number of deaths from the May 2019 numbers.
2019 May death numbers was 8164 (of course with no COVID deaths)

https://www.mdch.state.mi.us/pha/osr...lyDxCounts.asp (This is an official source for State of Michigan.)

Remember that Michigan is supposed to be a 'Covid-19 hotspot'. I am quite sure that if we do such a comparative analysis for all states, we will end up with similar numbers. 2020 April numbers were higher because hospitals were treating the wrong symptoms based on the COVID-19 related misinformation that was fed to us.

Last edited by CDContribuitor; 06-11-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 06-11-2020, 02:43 PM

210 posts, read 303,607 times
Covid hospitalizations by day for trauma service area in Texas. Dallas and Houston have spiked up the last few days.

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/T...TimebyTSA.xlsx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas