Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 12:54 PM

19,545 posts, read 17,806,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropathtobe View Post
What is TPC? I agree pricing is really high in that whole area but we are moving from east coast and really drawn to more walkable areas in UP/HP
TPC = The Park Cites = University Park and Highland Park. For reference we’ve at Inwood and Royal - we walk the dogs in the streets daily. It’s a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 02:13 PM

311 posts, read 363,309 times
Don't worry about resale value. Like others said, the Dallas location (HPISD) is priced in. Gorgeous pool and inside. We moved from the Northeast (NYC in our case) and wanted walkable to shopping, etc. You can get that within a couple blocks of key shopping areas like Preston Center and Snyder Plaza but there's ample parking so you can get there quickly from anywhere. If you're Episcopal or Catholic, you could walk to great churches from Greenbrier house.

I've looked at the Hanover house in the same range. It's a great house and block. I just didn't care for the wine cellar and it's a bit fancy for me. Then again, most houses are "fancy" above $1.5M. Heck, even $1M. Or it's a teardown.

Bryn Mawr looks great on the outside. Walk to Hyer. Again no pool.

This is an odd year but lots of people go to the UP pool in Curtis Park. Best wishes with your search. My kids are now in HPHS and have done well. If they want to be challenged, four of this year's top five are headed to Stanford, MIT (2) and Berkeley. If your kids are social, there's plenty of opportunity.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:11 PM

2,276 posts, read 4,025,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
TPC = The Park Cites = University Park and Highland Park. For reference we’ve at Inwood and Royal - we walk the dogs in the streets daily. It’s a thing.
I don't think "walkable neighborhood" means you can walk your dog down the street! Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Old 06-28-2020, 09:01 PM

19,545 posts, read 17,806,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
I don't think "walkable neighborhood" means you can walk your dog down the street! Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Understood. Just making the point that improved sidewalks are not always necessary for walking, running, biking etc.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:47 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,801,578 times
Just want to put a word in for the UP Fire Department- they are the best. I had an incident a few months ago that was not an emergency and most departments would have made me wait for hours or refused to come. But these guys really came through and I was very impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas