Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 10:43 AM

18 posts, read 32,684 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! Need opinions. I am. 26 year old single, registered nurse. I am from PA but currently living in San Diego while I’m in the military(will be getting out in 16 months). I do not want to stay in San Diego and I don’t want to move back home to PA. Two places I’ve always wanted to live is Texas and Tennessee. I am very active/outdoorsy. I ride horses and barrel race and because of this I’ve always been drawn to Texas. I also have family in Dallas. I want to live on land away from the city but close enough where to commute to work isn’t terrible. I love Tennessee and Nashville and it being closer to home is a plus. I’ve found that homes in Texas are affordable and nursing pay is great! I’ve read some things that nursing isn’t so great in TN and the pay isn’t great either. I’m torn! Anything and everything helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 03:24 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
Dallas - Most likely commute will be bad. Summers get to hot to do anything almost, not always. Cant speak for nursing. I would think Tennessee would have better outdoor type things than the DFW area

Old 08-24-2020, 03:28 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,744 times
I’d look for jobs at the Fort Worth hospitals and then expand your search from there. Most of the hospitals are fairly close to downtown which is a reasonable commute to Weatherford and Parker County which is a popular area for horse people. There’s actually at least 2 hospitals in Parker County so maybe check those out too. Parts of rural Denton county might work too if you land a job in that area but land is more expensive.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:23 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Wise Regional Hospital in Decatur is a very good semi-rural hospital, and there are lots of horse events in the area. It’s about 45 minutes north of Fort Worth.

Also look in Tyler. It’s the regional medical hub for East Texas, and there are also some nice horse facilities and rodeos in the area.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I’d look for jobs at the Fort Worth hospitals and then expand your search from there. Most of the hospitals are fairly close to downtown which is a reasonable commute to Weatherford and Parker County which is a popular area for horse people. There’s actually at least 2 hospitals in Parker County so maybe check those out too. Parts of rural Denton county might work too if you land a job in that area but land is more expensive.
Thanks! I’ve definitely looked in the Weatherford/Stephenville area, I’ll have to check out Parker county. Some people mentioned Denton and places north of Dallas but I think I want to stay closer to Fort Worth if Texas turns out to be my choice

Old 08-24-2020, 04:49 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
Parker County is Weatherford.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Wise Regional Hospital in Decatur is a very good semi-rural hospital, and there are lots of horse events in the area. It’s about 45 minutes north of Fort Worth.

Also look in Tyler. It’s the regional medical hub for East Texas, and there are also some nice horse facilities and rodeos in the area.
Awesome thank you! I’ll look into both areas!

Old 08-24-2020, 07:09 PM

Can any Tennessee folks way in?!

Old 08-24-2020, 07:44 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
You probably need to post the same question in the TN forum

Old 08-24-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
You probably need to post the same question in the TN forum
Thanks! Sorry first time using this thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas