U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 03:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,494 times

Advertisements

Any reviews of mustang lakes community in Celina? I see that it’s one of the most talked communities and the prices are on the higher end (~$800K). What’s in the community that’s demanding that higher prices though it has a PID.
Any information is appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 09:39 AM

175 posts, read 212,431 times
My mother almost bought there. She ended up at Star Trail strictly because she felt ST’s location was much better for her. With that said Mustang Lakes is so gorgeous. It was the former ranch of one of Dallas’ mayors, Bob Folsom. Star Trail has no MUD or PID. I am sorry I cannot be more helpful. Best wishes.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:27 PM

898 posts, read 584,076 times
How big are the houses and lots? There are some very large McMansions out that way.

It may just be the going price for new construction. The price gap between a new and existing home is probably about double at this point if not more. It keeps growing wider and wider every day to the point existing home prices appear to be depreciating by comparison.

New or old, I can't fathom why anyone would pay that much to live in Celina or Prosper. It makes no sense being so far from civilization yet still in a typical subdivision.

Old 07-13-2021, 04:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
How big are the houses and lots? There are some very large McMansions out that way.

It may just be the going price for new construction. The price gap between a new and existing home is probably about double at this point if not more. It keeps growing wider and wider every day to the point existing home prices appear to be depreciating by comparison.

New or old, I can't fathom why anyone would pay that much to live in Celina or Prosper. It makes no sense being so far from civilization yet still in a typical subdivision.
It’s about 9700 sq ft lot and 4000 sq ft house. They are going around $700K

Old 07-13-2021, 04:33 PM

220 posts, read 128,702 times
North Dallas suburbs just continues to grow. Celina or Prosper today. Frisco a decade ago. Plano two decades ago. Richardson three decades ago.

Old 07-13-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkris768 View Post
It’s about 9700 sq ft lot and 4000 sq ft house. They are going around $700K
That makes sense then. It's an enormous McMansion.

As far as growth, Celina and Prosper will likely end up more like McKinney than Frisco. They appear likely to remain pure bedroom communities. They are still very far out from anything but other houses.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM

13,110 posts, read 26,455,263 times
Quote:
That makes sense then. It's an enormous McMansion.

As far as growth, Celina and Prosper will likely end up more like McKinney than Frisco. They appear likely to remain pure bedroom communities. They are still very far out from anything but other houses.

Totally disagree. Fields Frisco development at DNT & 380 is basically a second Legacy Drive corridor just 10 miles north. It’s 2500 acres with plans to developer HQ / Class A office space (where the new PGA HQ is relocating), plus tons of retail / dining/ lifestyle and UNT’s new Frisco campus which will be a real residential college with dorms (not commuter school). Infrastructure construction is underway as is the HQ building and Omni Hotel complex (as of my last drive by). Retail will begin opening in about 18 months.

My first thought was “who wants to work that far north?” (as someone who has commuted to Legacy for the past 15+ years from Dallas) to, “gosh, that’s brilliant” putting offices right next to where so many families want to live. Frisco has way more going on economically - it’s more like a Plano than a McKinney, therefore the suburbs on the Frisco side will continue to boom for YEARS to come.

https://fieldsfrisco.com/

Old 07-13-2021, 10:01 PM

343 posts, read 304,074 times
If you're gonna live all the way out there, why not live in Gunter?

In Gunter you can get 2-3 acres of land for the same price as a 1/4 acre lot in Prosper with the same house on it.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Totally disagree. Fields Frisco development at DNT & 380 is basically a second Legacy Drive corridor just 10 miles north. It’s 2500 acres with plans to developer HQ / Class A office space (where the new PGA HQ is relocating), plus tons of retail / dining/ lifestyle and UNT’s new Frisco campus which will be a real residential college with dorms (not commuter school). Infrastructure construction is underway as is the HQ building and Omni Hotel complex (as of my last drive by). Retail will begin opening in about 18 months.

My first thought was “who wants to work that far north?” (as someone who has commuted to Legacy for the past 15+ years from Dallas) to, “gosh, that’s brilliant” putting offices right next to where so many families want to live. Frisco has way more going on economically - it’s more like a Plano than a McKinney, therefore the suburbs on the Frisco side will continue to boom for YEARS to come.

https://fieldsfrisco.com/
You're speaking of Frisco. These other cities are not going to end up like Frisco or Plano because they are not going to get similar types of development. That is my main point.

All of these cities may or may not be on the "Frisco side" depending on which boundary you choose. The city boundaries don't dictate proximity regardless because they have such large land areas. You can easily be in parts of McKinney or practically anywhere Little Elm and be closer to all that than you can in parts of Prosper or Celina. None of the surrounding cities themselves are going to see comparable development. Given all the labor and material shortages and construction delays, I would not be surprised to see all this take substantially longer than anticipated to materialize.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:23 PM

13,110 posts, read 26,455,263 times
Quote:
You're speaking of Frisco. These other cities are not going to end up like Frisco or Plano because they are not going to get similar types of development. That is my main point.

All of these cities may or may not be on the "Frisco side" depending on which boundary you choose. The city boundaries don't dictate proximity regardless because they have such large land areas. You can easily be in parts of McKinney or practically anywhere Little Elm and be closer to all that than you can in parts of Prosper or Celina. None of the surrounding cities themselves are going to see comparable development. Given all the labor and material shortages and construction delays, I would not be surprised to see all this take substantially longer than anticipated to materialize.
I was speaking about Frisco’s northernmost development, refuting your statement that Celina and Propser are “very far from anything except houses.” Windsong - the marquee development in Prosper - is directly across 380 from Fields. Celina’s Light Farms is just 6 miles away. Yes I know that Prosper extends quite a bit east of the tollroad and those parts will take longer (or never) to see the Tollroad cooridor activity but parts that are closer will look and feel “dense suburb” like north Frisco, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas