U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,244 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to Richardson. With gas prices being the way they are and the fact we only have one vehicle; we need a place close to where my new job is. It is on W. Campbell Road just a few blocks east of UT at Dallas. We are considering La Mirada, but we need input from people who live around there. We can't afford the gas to just go looking around right now, we are having to come up with money for the relocation b/c the company don't offer it. Please help us. It's me, my wife, and 2 children with 1 on the way. Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM

81 posts, read 214,647 times
la mirada is a wonderful city

Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 PM

6,589 posts, read 10,123,979 times
Is that an apartment complex? I think you might get a better deal renting a house.

We love living and working in Richardson, welcome!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 PM

471 posts, read 1,224,074 times
I looked up the La Mirada Apartments. They are near Springvalley and Coit Road. In my opinion, that's not really my first choice of where I would want my family to live. ROUGH NEIGHBORHOOD! There is a bus, no. 362, that runs east and west on Cambell Road, <Click Here> for a PDF map or go to www.dart.org. I betcha you could find a much nicer accommodations somewhere up and down that bus route. I would steer clear of anything from Coit to US75 up and down Springvally Road.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 PM

471 posts, read 1,224,074 times
PS: I just had this thought. My daughter-in-law once worked for an apartment locators. It didn't cost the tenant a dime extra to use them. They found you a place to your specifications and the apartments paid the locators for bringing them a tenant. Try THIS.

I just did a quick look see. Maybe THIS. It's a neighborhood I personally feel much better about. It is right off that bus route.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 AM

6,589 posts, read 10,123,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korel View Post
PS: I just had this thought. My daughter-in-law once worked for an apartment locators. It didn't cost the tenant a dime extra to use them. They found you a place to your specifications and the apartments paid the locators for bringing them a tenant. Try THIS.

I just did a quick look see. Maybe THIS. It's a neighborhood I personally feel much better about. It is right off that bus route.
I wouldn't consider living on that part of McCallum to be a step up from Spring Valley.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,979,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocate2008_1 View Post
My family and I are relocating to Richardson. With gas prices being the way they are and the fact we only have one vehicle; we need a place close to where my new job is. It is on W. Campbell Road just a few blocks east of UT at Dallas. We are considering La Mirada, but we need input from people who live around there. We can't afford the gas to just go looking around right now, we are having to come up with money for the relocation b/c the company don't offer it. Please help us. It's me, my wife, and 2 children with 1 on the way. Thank you.
At Coit and Campbell tucked into a nice residential neighborhood. I've known several people who lived here, and loved it. It is right off Campbell, And close to retail/resteraunts.

Apartments for rent in Dallas, TX - Courtyards At Campbell, managed by Mid-America Apartment Communities

Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM

172 posts, read 337,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth2003 View Post
At Coit and Campbell tucked into a nice residential neighborhood. I've known several people who lived here, and loved it. It is right off Campbell, And close to retail/resteraunts.

Apartments for rent in Dallas, TX - Courtyards At Campbell, managed by Mid-America Apartment Communities
I lived there a few months. It is a nice apartment complex and is relatively quiet. Also has a lot of open spaces for kids to play. They do have some really nice townhome style apartments there as well. Only issue is the parking can get a little tricky late at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas