Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2022, 07:23 AM

79 posts, read 72,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
I am very far from an expert but if you lost at 20% over asking there was something else that the sellers wanted. What did your real estate agent say regarding the winning bids vs your bids ? Are you offering cash? Are you asking for a contingency on selling your house?
I heard people are sending love letters and flowers. And I am not joking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 08:54 AM

238 posts, read 169,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
I am very far from an expert but if you lost at 20% over asking there was something else that the sellers wanted. What did your real estate agent say regarding the winning bids vs your bids ? Are you offering cash? Are you asking for a contingency on selling your house?
Or it could just be that the highest bid is above 20%. I just found out that two houses that was sold within this month on a nearby neighborhood sold for 25% and 37% over asking price.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:42 PM

55 posts, read 74,627 times
We are in the same position as you. We are moving from South FL and will not be selling our home here, but renting it out. We are looking in West Plano/Frisco/Allen, and have had no luck. We have offered 10-30% over asking, submitted ”love letters”, offer to pay closing cost for the seller and no luck. We have officially decided to rent for now. Lucky the rental market isn't as crazy as it is here in South FL where there are bidding wards and people are paying the full rental contract amount up front. Once this market settles I'll be glad to purchase a home, but for now I am done playing games. I'm not looking for the market to come down in price, but rather these bidding wars to settle a bit.

Old 03-31-2022, 05:17 PM

537 posts, read 439,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD1812 View Post
We are in the same position as you. We are moving from South FL and will not be selling our home here, but renting it out. We are looking in West Plano/Frisco/Allen, and have had no luck. We have offered 10-30% over asking, submitted ”love letters”, offer to pay closing cost for the seller and no luck. We have officially decided to rent for now. Lucky the rental market isn't as crazy as it is here in South FL where there are bidding wards and people are paying the full rental contract amount up front. Once this market settles I'll be glad to purchase a home, but for now I am done playing games. I'm not looking for the market to come down in price, but rather these bidding wars to settle a bit.
I think renting is smart. I do think these people paying over asking price are going to be upside down when the market correction comes. Only if you plan to stay in a house 8-10 years would it make sense to pay over asking price IMO.

Old 05-02-2022, 12:03 PM

8 posts, read 10,456 times
quick question.. is the clay tiles roof is good to have in DFW area?

https://www.zillow.com/homes/1052-ke...13397306_zpid/

Old 05-02-2022, 01:29 PM

335 posts, read 288,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2Texas View Post
quick question.. is the clay tiles roof is good to have in DFW area?

https://www.zillow.com/homes/1052-ke...13397306_zpid/
googled clay tile roof and found this

Considerations for Slate and Tile Roofing
Before you choose tile or slate roofing as your material, you will need to take certain special aspects into account. Slate or tile roofs are heavier than traditional asphalt shingles. Therefore, additional support may have to be built to be able to endure the extra weight. The additional costs of building support are something to integrate into your price expectation. Some roofing manufacturers have solved this weight issue by providing a slate-like material that gives the same aesthetically pleasing characteristics of slate, but making the materials much lighter. The new slate-like material is still as durable as slate, but can be installed without the extra support. If your roof needs additional support to handle a slate roof and you don’t have the budget, consider other slate-like materials. Talk to one of our experienced roofers for more information.

Slate & Tile Installation
There’s a reason why so many homeowners choose slate and tile roofing –slate and tile roofs are high quality, low-maintenance, and incredibly durable. In fact, with proper maintenance, these roofs can typically last over 50 years or more. Not only that, but slate and tile roofs are modern and aesthetically pleasing. While tile or slate tends to be more expensive than asphalt, they are well worth the investment.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:35 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,695,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP45 View Post
If it’s truly clay. Hell no. Hail.
Clay and slate tile hold up against small-medium hail MUCH better than traditional composite shingles. Now if there is baseball-sized or larger hail, you'll need a new roof no matter what kind of material it is.

Old 05-02-2022, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 10,456 times
thank you all... is it worth to pay premium for the tile roof house vs shingles?

It seems builders are asking lot more money for this upgrade... pls share your thoughts or experience?

Old 06-17-2022, 12:03 AM

1,345 posts, read 1,042,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinez618 View Post
I am a guy who doesn't like to pay for ANYTHING I don't have to pay. I have had a tile roof for over 15 years and I love it. I don't know why anyone would spend thousands of dollars more to put shingles on a house. Tile roofs last at least twice as long as shingle roofs and they don't leak like a sieve. They are also a lot quieter. Many people can't tell there is a tile roof on my house unless I tell them. Tile roofs are great and it's only a matter of time before shingles go the way of the wooden water tank.
I don't think I've ever seen one on a north Texas house unless it's a giant McMansion. It's not even an option with normal sized houses. I'd think it would cost close to the six figure mark.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:51 AM

40,929 posts, read 48,896,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen one on a north Texas house unless it's a giant McMansion. It's not even an option with normal sized houses. I'd think it would cost close to the six figure mark.
You need to make a trip into Las Colinas where 70% of the homes are tile roofs. Look at La Villita where homes are $400-700k and you'll find every home has a tile roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas