Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 06:21 AM

6 posts, read 7,472 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Single Female, Hispanic, Professional, mid 50’s.

I’m relocating to DFW area from South Texas (coast). My new job is in Arlington. I hear that Mansfield is a great place to live. I’ve read some postings on here and have watched tons of YouTube videos. I haven’t seen much about shopping. I did a Google search and didn’t get much. Is there an H‑E‑B or large grocery store in Mansfield? What about stores like TJ MAX, Home Goods, Marshall’s, Burlington? Walmart? Walgreens? Are there nearby restaurants and fast-food? I’m trying to determine how far I need to go to do some shopping and get food. Is there a grocery delivery service like SHIPT?

I’ve also heard that Midlothian is a nice place to live.

I would appreciate any information!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 08:46 AM

5,612 posts, read 4,935,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rramos2022 View Post
Hello!

Single Female, Hispanic, Professional, mid 50’s.

I’m relocating to DFW area from South Texas (coast). My new job is in Arlington. I hear that Mansfield is a great place to live. I’ve read some postings on here and have watched tons of YouTube videos. I haven’t seen much about shopping. I did a Google search and didn’t get much. Is there an H‑E‑B or large grocery store in Mansfield? What about stores like TJ MAX, Home Goods, Marshall’s, Burlington? Walmart? Walgreens? Are there nearby restaurants and fast-food? I’m trying to determine how far I need to go to do some shopping and get food. Is there a grocery delivery service like SHIPT?

I’ve also heard that Midlothian is a nice place to live.

I would appreciate any information!

Thank you!
Mansfield or Midlothian could work (they are both perfectly nice suburbs) if and ONLY IF your job is in the southern half of Arlington. Arlington is not a good place to have to commute through from one side to the other, traffic can be terrible.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:53 AM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times
Where about in Arlington will you be working? If you're are up in North Arlington then HWY 360 and Cooper St are your likely options. Neither of those roads are fun to be on during rush hour.
Wal-Mart, Neighborhood Wal-Mart, Kroger Signature, Kroger Marketplace (large store), Market street, Sprouts, Tom Thumb, Target, Sam's Club and Aldi's are all located in Mansfield. There is a Kohl's, TJ Maxx, Belk, Home Goods, Marshall's and plenty of places to eat. Midlothian has less options, but still enough that you don't really need to leave the city.

Old 05-24-2022, 09:19 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,861,548 times
No HEB in Mansfield, but there are plenty of grocery stores. The nearest HEBs are in Waxahachie and Burleson.

Old 05-24-2022, 09:32 AM

6 posts, read 7,472 times
Wonderful to get this information! Thank you!! I will be working in South Arlington off of 360 & I-20.

Old 05-24-2022, 02:22 PM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times
Then Mansfield or Midlothian would be fine along with neighboring SW Arlington and southern Grand Prairie. Shame about the HEB, Mansfield was one of the original DFW cities that they bought land in but never did anything with it.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:31 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times
Midlothian is kind of far. Mansfield is fine, so is southwest Arlington (west of Cooper Street!).
If you are considering a home purchase, be aware that Mansfield taxes are higher than Arlington.
Look around Lake Arlington, too.

Old 11-02-2022, 10:53 AM

869 posts, read 318,844 times
Lived there for about a year and a half back in 2003-2004. I specifically remember that because that was the year of the Janet Jackon Superbowl fiasco. It was up-and-coming then...a nice little town. Now it's come into it's own while still maintaining that cozy small town feel.

Don't know anything about Midlothian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas