Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 10:33 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbleioje View Post
Frisco is becoming the region's next employment hub. I would think that the surrounding cities north of Frisco, such as Prosper, Aubrey and Celina would be more impacted than Frisco in the next housing downturn.
I would not bet on that. Employers and corporations are still all moving to Plano. However, those northern cities seem more likely to be hurt because they have nothing going for them.

Frisco will just become more like McKinney as it ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 06:00 AM

210 posts, read 275,516 times
[quote=Leonard123;63562470]I would not bet on that. Employers and corporations are still all moving to Plano. However, those northern cities seem more likely to be hurt because they have nothing going for them.

Frisco will just become more like McKinney as it ages.[/QUOTE ]

LOL! You definitely are not a VISIONARY!

Old 06-05-2022, 04:48 PM

198 posts, read 186,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard123 View Post

Frisco to me is just an everyday cookie-cutter suburb with a larger share of McMansions.

I feel there are two Friscos.

East of Coit, I agree with the above.
West of Preston and especially around DNT, it's a whole different scene.

This is a 360 degree view of the area around the Frisco Riders stadium

And then there's Frisco Star: https://thestardistrict.com/explore/

The FC Dallas Toyota stadium

Frisco Square

Definitely not McMansion central. Full transparency: I am NOT a Frisco resident. We live in Plano. But we have noticed that the number of times we have started going to Frisco for entertainment and restaurants has seen a steady increase over the years.

I really can't stand Frisco east of Coit, I'll give everyone that....

Old 06-05-2022, 05:38 PM

300 posts, read 289,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpushiys View Post

Frisco Square

Definitely not McMansion central. Full transparency: I am NOT a Frisco resident. We live in Plano. But we have noticed that the number of times we have started going to Frisco for entertainment and restaurants has seen a steady increase over the years.

I’ve never been the biggest fan of Frisco personally. There just seems to be an overwhelming amount of stuff, and with that, traffic. It’s also somewhat far from me and a lot of the things I like to do, so getting up there can be a hassle. Also not a huge fan of the houses/architecture in some parts of Frisco like the ones mentioned above

Old 06-06-2022, 06:47 AM

198 posts, read 186,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triscan View Post
There are 64,000 students in FISD. And increasing by the day. Schools have hit the upper limit of students the buildings are designed for. As much as parents and students hate it, rezoning happens every year.

<...>

For those who are thinking of moving here, please think long and hard.

<...>

I relied heavily on city-data forums when I was making this choice and so I thought it was important to let people know how it really is out here.
This is a useful post, thanks for taking the time to bring this back to the forum. As others have pointed out, many people do caution about the re-zoning issue in Frisco. But it's really hard to articulate how impactful it can be to some families. When some people choose new construction they often overlook the tradeoffs that come with it or don't realize how much it can affect them.

The good news is, that this is almost limited to Frisco. (I don't know if this also affects the new construction in Prosper/Celina).

Old 06-06-2022, 07:56 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,081,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpushiys View Post

Frisco Square

The only meaningful difference I would say would be the mall and that general area around the mall. It's not been a "steady increase." That stuff has been there for 20 years now. Had it not been for that, it would have never amounted to anything. They have the sports stadiums, but I wouldn't know much about that because I couldn't care less about sports. I really don't think that's what draws people to live there either.

Definitely, the distinction I see is more north/south than east/west. The southern third or so around Stonebriar is all I see that really stands out. And I won't leave out IKEA. That's a bigger attraction than the sports stadiums.

The square is not any different from that in McKinney, not that either one is anywhere I would want to be.

The mall is really the main thing that separates it out, and regardless, it still pales in comparison to Plano in my opinion, particularly when it comes to jobs.

Last edited by Leonard123; 06-06-2022 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-06-2022, 08:30 AM

1,375 posts, read 1,048,957 times
I have never been a fan of the looks of Frisco or the craze for it. I assume many people prefer the small lot with barely any yard so they dont have to deal with the yard work.

Old 06-06-2022, 01:20 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,552,729 times
As long as job growth in Collin County remains strong, Frisco and suburbs north should be fine. Plano is essentially built out yet home values are performing well. Frisco benefits from the corporate campuses at Legacy. If they can attract their own businesses, then Frisco will become another Plano in 10-30 years. I am fairly confident that Frisco home prices will weather the next recession well.

All of this being said, any looming recession could look very different. So many people do WFH and bricks-and-mortal retail has been struggling from competition from online shopping. I am concerned about the newest housing developments in far-flung areas like Celina or Anna. Those types of development tend to get hammered by recession, but maybe it won’t matter as much with WFH.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:42 PM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiber Guy View Post
Do you live in Frisco now? Have you owned a home recently in Frisco? If not then you know absolutely nothing about Frisco, we owned a home and lived in Frisco for 11 years(2004), moved into our new home in Prosper, TX. in 2015. Our home has tripled in value, average home price in Prosper for new homes now 750K$$$$. One of the highest in in NTX.

Yes, because the only way to know something about a place is to own a home there.

I never said anything about the past performance of real estate in Frisco. I didn't even mention Prosper in my post. I'm not sure where you got that.

Quote:
So get out of your "BUBBLE" and drive around Frisco awhile, it might enlighten you? LOL!
Well, I've done that, but you said that didn't count, remember?

Old 06-06-2022, 02:54 PM

300 posts, read 289,601 times
Quote:
Do you live in Frisco now? Have you owned a home recently in Frisco? If not then you know absolutely nothing about Frisco, we owned a home and lived in Frisco for 11 years(2004), moved into our new home in Prosper, TX. in 2015. Our home has tripled in value, average home price in Prosper for new homes now 750K$$$$. One of the highest in in NTX.

We live across the road north of Hwy 380 where the Frisco PGA HQ is moving in now(from Orlando, FL), along with the new Panther Creek High & new middle school across the street. Down the new PGA Parkway the new Omni Hotel is under construction and a new Ritz-Carlton Hotel is planned, all this and much, much more will make this a WORLD CLASS area known as the Fields Project! Thousands of new homes to be built Taylor Morrison just started new home development near DNT & Panther Creek Parkway. All this in Frisco, TX. probably a 20 - 30 year build out!

Expected 30,000 new residents to move in a city within a city(The Fields Project - the same developer who did LEGACY WEST in Plano is in charge)! Frisco is a long way from being a future low priced area,it's frequently listed nationally as one of the BEST cities to live in America! Homes are at a premium because of the great school district and highly educated population. So get out of your "BUBBLE" and drive around Frisco awhile, it might enlighten you? LOL!
I don’t know where you picked up that he was being categorically anti-Frisco or said that it will be a “future low price area.” He just said that a specific subset of the housing market in Frisco will likely cool off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas