Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:47 AM

37 posts, read 211,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I was not disagreeing with you at all. I feel attractiveness, like brains, has the same distribution regardless of race.
Although these bleaching products sell well in some countries (this is a recent phenomenon) and in Michael Jackson's neighborhood, with many - mainly in cities in developing countries, such outdated outlook towards lighter skin is diminishing.
I think we are on the same page. But personally, I think there will always be cultures and people who like 'lighter skin.' What makes a person beautiful, to me, is thier personality, thier kindness and sense of humor....not the shade of skin.

O.K. Now back to my move...I think I have picked a couple areas to look at during my visit...Arlington, Fort Worth, Frisco, Plano, and Mansfiled. Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 02:01 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,800 times
Plano - faaaaar east Plano = Murphy. :-)

Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 PM

3 posts, read 13,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAHIDA View Post

O.K. Now back to my move...I think I have picked a couple areas to look at during my visit...Arlington, Fort Worth, Frisco, Plano, and Mansfiled. Any insight?
I would pick either Frisco or Plano. They are nicer cities, and you have much better chances of finding a job there. Plus, they are more diversified (if you don't count the UTA students in Arlington).

Frisco has a mosala, West Plano has a nice Mosque (www.planomasjid.org) and IACC academey. East plano has a mosque and it is close to the Richardson central mosque and the Brighter Horizon Academey.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
I thnik you will find that Texans are very tolerant of religion since so many are christains.Muslims are respected as long as you don't getinto mideast politics.Manythat are not religious feel left out many times in some areas. I've seen no problem for muslims and a friend that is muslim find the bible belt as the sotuh is known to be more confortable to him.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:03 AM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,574 times
Quote:
Arlington, Fort Worth, Frisco, Plano, and Mansfiled. Any insight?
1)Plano- as stated large Muslims community and Great schools for family, I also think there is a mosque up there.
2)Frisco-Near Plano really growing and diversifying...good schools
3)Arlington- not as good of schools, small Muslim community... but by no means an un-diverse place, it's full of Vietnamese people, and even has a little saigon which you can probably find some food from your country as these large stores tend to stock stuff from South Asia/Southeast Asia and some times the middle east (what are you anyways? Arab?)
4)Fort Worth- same as Arlington... but Arlington is slightly better
5)Mansfield - Good schools, not AS diverse ...
Each one would work fine though, Plano would suit you best though.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM

37 posts, read 211,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
you can probably find some food from your country as these large stores tend to stock stuff from South Asia/Southeast Asia and some times the middle east (what are you anyways? Arab?)
I am Afghani (From Afghanistan). Thanks for your input.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,040 times
Plano or Murphy (with Plano Schools).

Old 09-28-2008, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 4,305 times
Default Muslim Educator Moving to Texas

Ramadan Mubarak!

Insha' Allah, I will be moving to the DFW area next year as a new Muslima convert. I've lived in this area 6 years ago. I am African American and I want to hear from other African American Muslims in the area. I've read other post that made references to the demographics but hadn't mentioned African American Muslims. If there are any Muslims teaching in this area please respond. Thanks!

Old 11-22-2008, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 20,900 times
Aslaam-u-Alikum
My name is Sana. I am new on this website. I live in port Arthur, TX and I want to move in Dallas or some other place in (TX) except Houston TX, where I can reach a lot of Muslims, and Muslim masjid and get cheapest apartment and good school and college. If any one know about this: please let me know.
I will be very thankful to you all.
thank you.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 5,190 times
Asak
i am also planning to shift to dallas i hv 3 kids and want yo put them in bha garland can anybody give review on that school or anybody having any personal exp abt school,admission any info would be very helpful
JazakAllah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas