Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:32 PM
hsw

2,144 posts, read 7,162,376 times

Advertisements

Forbes lists (or any others) tend to be notoriously inaccurate

Most wealthy people have limited precision re: their own net worth, as many of their holdings are illiquid or face complex taxes if monetized, etc

All money isn't created equal: lots of big money is dumb and/or criminal, like nearly all of the Mideast oil money or gangster money from Russia or China or other 3rd World dictatorships, essentially stolen from a country and "buried" in various forms around Switzerland, London and US

Dallas and FtWorth each have enormous global respect (prob FW more than Dallas b/c of Bass family where many top Dallas and NYC financiers started their careers), as many clever financial and energy billionaires live/work in region and are widely admired in intensely competitive, IQ-rich industries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,464,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas also has the 2nd worse credit card debt in the nation.
its because of the 30 thousand dollar millionaires

Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 AM

212 posts, read 477,398 times
The latest Forbes billionaire list includes 17 who live in Dallas. If you include the 8 billionaires who live in Fort Worth - the Metroplex can claim 25 total. That would be as many as Hong Kong and just 2 under Los Angeles, which has 27. New York has the most with 60 billionaires calling that city home.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:13 PM

871 posts, read 2,689,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
its because of the 30 thousand dollar millionaires
It's funny because I never heard that term until I came here and I heard such comments as:

"Addison? Man that place is full of 30 thousand dollar millionaires."

"Uptown? That area has too many 30 thousand dollar millionaires."

Then of course I had people explain it to me. Found myself surprised I never heard term seeing as I am from California. Maybe, if anything, it's more of a SoCal thing since LA/OC/SD can be all about appearances.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:27 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogramjet View Post
The latest Forbes billionaire list includes 17 who live in Dallas. If you include the 8 billionaires who live in Fort Worth - the Metroplex can claim 25 total. That would be as many as Hong Kong and just 2 under Los Angeles, which has 27. New York has the most with 60 billionaires calling that city home.
That is truly incredible!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM

86 posts, read 199,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas also has the 2nd worse credit card debt in the nation.
Hmm...how about a more relevant statistic, percent of income owed to credit card companies?

Credit Card Debt Statistics | SPENDonLIFE

And yes, Dallas is # 2 in the nation for CC debt, but look at the margins between each city:

Allvoices.com - External Link

$1330 difference between #1 and #10. Wowzerz, big difference. Not really.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d8121
Interesting in it's own right out of our 15 billionaires Trey White and others are down to earth. They are all very respected individuals.
Trey White is not a billionaire. There are over 400 billionaires in the United States on the Forbes list, and he's not even on it.

Respected? LOL !! Go to realscam.com and you'll see the comments made about him and his MLM scheme.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:14 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,763,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaspigtown View Post
Dallas is also the 2nd Ugliest city in America, the 4th fattest, 7th highest in ozone and one of the top 10 least fit and most stressful cities.

But as long as their are some billionaires I guess that's ok. You people have very screwed up priorities.

Dallas Tops Ugly List - KDAF

Totalbeauty.com released a list of the ugliest cities in the nation and Dallas ranked number two, second only to Detroit. The makers of the list factored in air quality, stress levels, style, friendliness, diversity, intelligence, teeth and hair.
Dude, shut up! No one on this forum cares about what you think.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,763,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaspigtown View Post
Yes they do. Usually I get many responses to my opinions.

But anyway, it isn't about what I think. Those lists are about what people OUTSIDE dallas think of dallas. And it isn't always the rosy picture you loyalist would have the visitors to this forum believe that it is. I feel I must expose dallas for the mediocre town that it is no matter how much abuse I must personally endure. I gladly sacrifice myself in order to reveal the truth. Truth is beauty.

What I do, I do for the good of all mankind.
This is your opinion, keep it to yourself. Some people like Dallas, some don't.

There are alot of cities in America that people don't like.

Some people don't like NYC, it is called an opinion.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,375,526 times
Piggy will soon go bye-bye just like bzzz and uglytown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas