Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
Uncle Julio's - love the fajita's and the quick service they have there.

How about that swirl??!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 03:41 PM

172 posts, read 509,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
How about that swirl??!
Never tried it. Went there the first time a couple of months ago on a Friday night. 45 min wait. Got in and had our order filled in less than 10 mins. I'll be sure to try out that swirl though.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM

You won't mind the wait with a swirl or two

Old 06-05-2008, 03:45 PM

636 posts, read 1,916,389 times
Quote:
You won't mind the wait with a swirl or two
You are absolutely right-on with that one!

Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 PM

87 posts, read 315,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
Campania Pizza
Royal Thai
Mango Thai
Lucky's Cafe
Macaroni Grille
Taverna
Mariano's
El Fenix

Dessert:
Paciugo ~ gelato
Berry Berry ~ frozen yogurt
I LOVE Berry, Berry Too. We go there 3-4 times a week.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 PM

87 posts, read 315,656 times
Quote:
Gosh I haven't been to Dakota's in ages -- really cool elevator entrance where you go down to patio and waterfall open to Downtown Dallas.

Campisi's is a not-to-be missed Dallas institution (Mockingbird Lane original location, only please! Ask for Jimmy)

The Porch on Henderson is wonderful - great vibe, too -- love that braised short-rib stroganoff. Also across the street is Hector's and Hibiscus and then there's Fireside Pies (Robert DeNiro was there).

Old time faves are Terrilli's, The Grape, St. Martin's, San Francisco Rose and the Blue Goose. New Big Wong is good for apres clubbing. GiGi's is another good entry or you might like Kismet and Cafe Izmir. Then there's Gloria's and the sainted Snuffer's (complete with ghost in the oldest part of the building). Kirby's Steakhouse has been re-incarnated with BJ Kirby's (wWw '41) famous salad dressing. Alligator Cafe is great when you need a cajun fix -- also Brothers Chicken is stellar (descendant of old Henderson Chicken Shack).

I also love Mariano's (Mariano wWw '63 - Wanda wWw '67), Matt's Rancho Martinez, York Street, Papou's (Legal Grounds by day), the difficult to explain Kalachandjis Restaurant and Palace - Gourmet Vegetarian Food, Dallas, Texas, Tolouse, Taverna, Momo's, Il Sole, Abacus, L'Ancestral, Adelmo's and Chuy's (last few are on Knox part of Knox-Henderson).

Love Lola's, Nobu, S&D Oyster Company, Fearing's, Stephen Pyle's, Fuse -- all in Downtown or Uptown. And you have to do the 'scene' on the Primo's Patio to get the full Dallas persona...opposite but even cooler are the burgers and beers at Lee Harvey's (bring your dogs). My favorite steak place is Al Beirnat's (good people watching too).

And no foodie should miss Jimmy's Italian Market - it's owned by my friends and Woodrow contemporaries Paul and Annettee Silvas DiCarlo.
We've only been to the Campisi's in Frisco, and really liked it, so we'll definitely have to try the Dallas location. We loved Nobu too, especially the omakase menu! We felt like judges on Iron Chef! Also for 1/2 the price, the tasting menu at Sushi Samba was also great. Thanks for all of the great ideas! Lola's has been on our list for a while, just never got around to going yet. We'll try to go for our anniversary. We especially like the tasting/chef's menu style of eating.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 AM

23 posts, read 82,285 times
For Chinese, I love Canton in Richardson at Belt Line and Greenville. It looks like an old Dairy Queen. It's just been remodeled. It has the best fried rice I've ever eaten and the best orange beef.

For Italian, my favorite just burned to the ground: Cremona next to Texas de Brazil in Oak Lawn. It was candle-lit.

For burgers, I like Jakes on Skillman and Abrams and I like Twisted Root in Deep Ellum.

I'd have to say El Fenix (downtown) is my favorite.

Try the taco stand at Fuel City on Industrial (where the longhorns are). Tacos are $126. Also they have elotes (corn in a cup mixed with white cheese, sour cream, hot sauce if you want.)

For Indian, Pasand on Campbell Rd and Coit (Richardson). Everytime I eat Indian somewhere else, I say, "I should've gone to Pasand."

And then there's Chilis. They have the best chicken fried steak that comes with corn on the cob. They have great fajitas, even though the tortillas are lacking.

But let's be honest. It's all about the Dr. Pepper. The food just makes the Dr. Pepper taste better.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling View Post
But let's be honest. It's all about the Dr. Pepper. The food just makes the Dr. Pepper taste better.
LOL!!! Try Casa Milagro on the Richardson/Garland border. They serve DUBLIN DP in a bottle. YUM!!!! They also have really good food and margarita's.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:19 AM

The best complement to a Dr Pepper (a real one from Dublin) is a frito pie.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,886,424 times
Quote:
a frito pie.
OH MY Heck! swim meet memories.

I introduced this to my kids and hubby years ago....must have fritos, cheese, and sour cream with chili!

So now there are families in Pittsburgh and Va all eating frito pies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas