Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 AM

27 posts, read 163,803 times

Advertisements

What do we like and not like about the Heatherwood development in McKinney?

Are families making this home or is it mainly starter homes, investor/rental type stuff?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 02:20 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
I've never heard of this development. Where is it located?

Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
I just went to their website. It is in the far north area of McKinney. Very new area.
I am not sure what to say about whether there will be mainly families or investors or both.
The homes are reasonably priced and I would think they would be mostly starter homes or for people to retire. I do know that Horizon makes a good house. My husband has worked for this builder before and he was always impressed at the good value the homes present. However, I would not recommend having vinyl flooring in any area, it is hard to clean!!
I think you made a good choice. I don't know much about Prosper schools. If I were you I would look for jobs north of McKinney. Most people don't really look up there but there are jobs to be had, esp. in Sherman. Plus you would be going against traffic.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM

Anyone live in or around the Heatherwood development in McKinney? We've contracted to build a home in Phase 2 but since we are from Chicago, I'd love some additional insight into how people on this board 'feel' about that particular area of McKinney and that development in particular if possible.

Thanks!!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM

72 posts, read 257,679 times
Alaina,

I used to be a sales counselor in Heatherwood since inception for one of the builders. I'd be happy to tell you everything I know. PM me. I can also introduce you to some of the homeowners there as they are good friends by now.

Thanks,
T. Hayley

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM

87 posts, read 373,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaina75 View Post
Anyone live in or around the Heatherwood development in McKinney? We've contracted to build a home in Phase 2 but since we are from Chicago, I'd love some additional insight into how people on this board 'feel' about that particular area of McKinney and that development in particular if possible.

Thanks!!

My only concern about any community in that area (Heatherwood/Robinson Ridge/Waterside) is there is only 1 two-lane road that goes directly up there (Lake Forest). There are some back roads, but that's coming from Prosper, or farm roads from McKinney. I see they are planning to extend Wilmeth road in the next few years coming from 75/121. Keep in mind they are also building a Baylor hospital on the NW corner of 380 & Lake Forest so the town will need to expand the roads soon.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:05 PM

In your opinions, Would this be considered a poverty level, low-income or low middle-class area (North McKinney - Heatherwood Development)? What about the surrounding areas? Is there any section 8 housing?

Thanks!

Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaina75 View Post
In your opinions, Would this be considered a poverty level, low-income or low middle-class area (North McKinney - Heatherwood Development)? What about the surrounding areas? Is there any section 8 housing?

Thanks!

I just moved to Heatherwood. I love it but have lived in the area for a long time. Prosper schools are great. No sec 8 that I know of. Great people.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:28 PM

4 posts, read 18,464 times
Default Relocating

We're considering building in Heatherwood also. Moving from MI, so don't know anything about McKinney or Heatherwood. How is crime, lawn maintenance in the community?? Thanks!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 8,288 times
Default Heatherwood

Hello,

The crime rate is low (I think) Lawns in the neighbor hood look nice and that is required by the HOA. The park and pool area are kept up nicely. We had our home built by Pioneer Homes, Love them!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: