Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 AM

177 posts, read 857,093 times

Advertisements

Is there anybody who bought a home from Grand Homes in the last 3 years.
I have heard lot of second hand negative opinion. I want to know some first hand experiences - pluses and minuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
They have a high turnover of sales reps. Also, many people have complained that their warranty department is a nightmare to deal with.

Other than that, everyone that I know that owns a Grand Home have enjoyed the designs and the homes. Most of those, purchased inventory homes and didn't go through the building process which can be very exhausting by itself.

There are several threads on here from people that have had bad experiences.

Naima

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
My boss purchased one about 6 months ago. It was a inventory home and for the most part he says he has been happy with it. He purchased somewhere out in Garland near Ray Hubbard Lake..

Old 09-24-2008, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 20,599 times
I almost did! The floorplans are very appealing, love the curved staircase, art niches, rounded sheetrock, big baseboards, crown molding in formal areas, open floorplans and good base pricing. But caveat emptor!! Everything is an option! And the options are over priced! Read this blog about an experience with Grand Homes.
Moderator cut: blogsite

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 01-02-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: blog/websites not permitted

Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 AM

313 posts, read 1,716,287 times
I did and LOVE it

But.. to be fair.. I bought one that was already built by someone, who apparently went through some pain.. it worked out for us as I loved the house and just bought it and moved in
I'll say their warrenty guys have been AWESOME (when we've needed) and everyone I have delt with has been just great! I'm SOO glad I got this house

Old 01-01-2009, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,370 times
Default Bought a Grand Home in September 2006

NEVER AGAIN is all I have to say. Terrible customer service, we're still in hassles about foundation movement, floods, etc. They are the worst and most unprofessional organization I have ever encountered. Steer clear of Grand Homes.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Henry, can you share with us which neighborhood you are having issues with on your foundation ? Why has it appeared to fail ?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM

24 posts, read 111,386 times
I live in a community of Grand Homes and Darling Homes. Mine,thankfully, is a Darling. A colleuege at work bought a Grand about 2 blocks away. In the first 3 months, blocked plumbing flooded the master bath, furnace/ AC quit working, and a host of irritating lesser issues continue to surface. He has had confrontations with the warranty people who don't always show up when they say they will. He bought because of a lot of square feet at an attractive price but has been disappointed.

On the other hand, Darling costs a bit more but the quality and service has been stellar. I have been in for more than a year and they contine to check to see if everything is OK and NEVER have given me a hassle about anything, no matter how minor.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,843 times
I bought the Grand Home house 10 yrs ago. I initially enjored the new house. As time went by, it gradually showed that Grand Home is a very very bad builder. I started to have nuemrous major repairs two yrs after the purchase. Each time when the contractor completed his repair, he told me the problem was due to builder's low quality job and the problem was common for all Grand Home's houses. I have bought houses from many other builders. My impression is that the Grand Home is the worst builder I've ever seen.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:23 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhuos View Post
Each time when the contractor completed his repair, he told me the problem was due to builder's low quality job and the problem was common for all Grand Home's houses. I have bought houses from many other builders. My impression is that the Grand Home is the worst builder I've ever seen.
Jhuos, I hate to hear you no longer love your home, it's one of the things in life you should really like since it's your "Home".

I very seldom talk bad about a builder publicly but I do with Grand Homes. I've been in so many of their homes that after 2-3 years there are major issues. Their reputation for a bad product is one of the things that makes a Grand home rather difficult to resale. What makes it tougher is they build beautiful models but what you see is not what they deliver. (There again IMO)

Thanks for sharing your opinion, hopefully others will listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: