Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 03:00 PM

37 posts, read 137,550 times

Advertisements

ok might be funny. When I'm mowing my yard I sometimes find dried poo in the grass. It's not too toxic since it is dried up. Numerous times I would kick it onto the sidewalk and leave it there. I've actually sat inside and watched the results of the dogwalkers. Of course the dogs are VERY interested in smelling the poo on the sidewalk. This usually freaks out the owners and they pull the leash short and quickly pull them away and quickly walk out of my lot.

My hopes and dreams are that the dogwalkers will think it is gross and possibly consider making a decision to pick up their poo whenever it happens. Of course I'm probably grossing out some innocent people in the process.

My best story is that one dog pooped in my yard while I was outside! The owner didn't see me at first, I was on the side yard. I just popped out and stood there are stared at him, then stared him down for 2-3 long minutes as he walked down the street. About 2 weeks later I was outside again and this same guy & dog shows up. The dog starts to poo. The guy is desperately dragging this huge dog by the leash while its pooing since I'm standing right there. He starts to walk off and mumbles sorry. I walk after him and stop him and say this is the second time this happened and I'm fed up. He gives me some sob story about long work hours and how tired he is. I tell him how discourteous it is and how I have to pick it up and live with his poo. I kept going on and on about it. By the guys reaction, expression, and voice, I honestly think I embarrassed, upset, and belittled him. ... mission accomplished. Now the best part is that the same guy still walked his dog (and I never ever saw him carrying bags) but when he approached my property, he actually left the sidewalk and walked out in the street. Once he passed my house they return to the sidewalk. I'm sure it was pooping in someone elses yard. Oh well, I guess that's ok since he works long hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 03:20 PM

362 posts, read 1,714,332 times
luckily I dont often find it in my yard where I currently live. however, in our previous house, my neighbors let their pack of dogs crap all over our lawn all the time. One day I got so fed up I went outside with a shovel, scooped up several fresh piles, marched over to their house and deposited it right in front of their front door.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:15 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,214,257 times
I wish I knew why. My apartment complex provides special designated areas for the dogs to go, along with pick up bags and trash cans. That doesn't stop people from letting their dogs poop wherever, and they some don't pick it up in the designated areas.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM

501 posts, read 1,457,291 times
In our neighborhood almost all the pet walkers pick up after their dog. However occasionally I would have a "gift" in my front yard. I really didn't think too much about it, we have dogs and when I picked up our back yard (daily) I would walk around with the poop scoop and pick it up. One morning I happen to be walking by the window when I saw a large dog doing it's business in my yard while on a leash with it's owner. I waited until the dog was done to see if the owner would pick it up. Low and behold he walked off. Well I grabbed the newspaper wrapper and scooted out the front door. I yelled up the street at him (he had only made it as far as the other edge of my neighbors house) that if he didn't pick it up out of my yard he would have to clean it up off his front porch. He came back and picked it up with the bag I supplied him. He kinda looked at me with the bag in his hand as if I was going to offer to take it for him, uhm....no! Since then we haven't had the issue and I haven't seen him walk up our street again. As a pet lover these types of inconsiderate jerks really iritate me.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:59 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,199,878 times
Ever watch "dirty Jobs"?

Pet Waste Removal Service : Pet Butler - Pet Franchises Pooper Scooper Service Pet Waste Cleanup Dog Franchise Home Based Business I saw this truck around Frisco but I thought they groomed pets only.

Then there is this company with their slogan being "Our customers are #1, our business is #2"
DFW Pooper Scooper Service Dog Waste Disposal Pet Waste Removal Company.* Dallas Ft. Worth Texas

Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,696,633 times
I don't pick up after our dogs in our backyard... I don't see a compelling need to. They're small dogs, it doesn't stink, and it decomposes in a week or so. I don't pick up after the birds, squirrels, or rabbits that come on my property either.

What I don't understand is the people that live 2 houses down that feel the need to let their dog out unleashed to %$#! on everyone's front lawn. If you've got a back yard, why would you let your dog go on everyone else's lawn unless you're just an a$$?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,199,878 times
ok, I couldn't help it, I saw this on "The Soup" show tonight and it was too funny not to share...

POOP-FREEZE Aerosol Freeze Spray 10 oz

Old 06-24-2008, 07:24 AM

670 posts, read 2,989,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
ok, I couldn't help it, I saw this on "The Soup" show tonight and it was too funny not to share...

POOP-FREEZE Aerosol Freeze Spray 10 oz
LOL I saw that too and LMBO! And it comes with it's own bag, with the logo "Poop Freeze" on it. Oh gosh my girlfriends into purses have not even tried that design yet

Old 06-24-2008, 11:20 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,845,035 times
AND...why do owner of little ankle biters think that because thier dogs are small thier poop doesn't count?

We have a lady who walks in our neighborhood with 3 small dogs...off the leash. (NEVER with a bag) They run up in yards etc... I kept finding small poop in my front yard. I was wondering who the phantom pooper was. WELL this morning here comes miss off the leash...she is on the opposite side of the street, until she get to my house! crosses the street and one little doggie lags behind. It goes up to my front porch and then right in hte middle of my yard poops! The lady turned the corner before I got outside....BUT tomorow...I am going to be there with a bag! If she keeps it up...I am going to take my dog to her yard!! See if she likes stepping in poop while mowing the lawn!!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM

438 posts, read 1,777,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
I live in an apartment. And I see so many people who conveniently let their dogs use the parks, walkways. And don't even care to pick up after their dog.
Everyone picks up their dog doo in my neighborhood. It's rather nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas