Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Wonder where the sorry sack of $@%* "father" is or was in these two losers lives? Hopefully they did not father any children themselves.
My guess is they have; it seems to be the norm for some people. Yuck! The father probably isn't in the picture and has 14 kids with 14 women. That's rather normal as well for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Insane defense is not going to work on this one. The shooter will get at the death sentence while the other guy will get life. They were old enough to know what they were doing. I am not normally a advocate of the death penalty but the shooter certainly should get what he wants.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
They should serve out the rest of their days in a very small cell with no TV...maybe they should take up reading as a hobby...

I can't say they should get the death penalty, as I don't believe in state sponsored and sanctioned murder as revenge.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM

473 posts, read 1,568,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Insane defense is not going to work on this one. The shooter will get at the death sentence while the other guy will get life. They were old enough to know what they were doing. I am not normally a advocate of the death penalty but the shooter certainly should get what he wants.
I normally do not support the death penalty either, but I would easily look the other way to see these two put down.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:06 PM

430 posts, read 1,359,202 times
I just wish they had tried to rob me.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:32 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
OMG!! I really do feel sorry for the gentleman that robbed and killed the men in Garland only to obtain $2.00 and a joyride in the car for a couple hours.. WOW!! It really touched my heart this morning when I logged on to fox4dfw to watch the video . Some of it was showed last night on Fox 4 but once I went on the website it really touched me. I honestly don't think he should get the Death Penalty (and No I am not juding ) " Judge thee not less ye want to be judged." as he indicated he wanted because he really has some issues that only God not man can deal with.. and I never have heard of a victim's family respond in the way the wife did when asked if she was to see the guys that killed her husband what she would say . Her response was " I would say to the spirit , I rebuke you in the name of Jesus. And to the Guy who actually committed the crime, she would tell him I know you are not a killer because God doesn't raise killers he raise men of honor and that it is not too late to change your life around... WHOA !! that is deep.. what do you all think.

GRAPHIC VIDEO: 'F--- Victims' Families'
MyFox Dallas | GRAPHIC VIDEO: 'F--- Victims' Families' (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=6830893&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)
It's because of scum like these guys that I have my CHL and carry a gun with me at all times. I disagree with the woman somewhat - People have free will to make choices. The choices these guys made should be rewarded with the death penalty.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
I just saw the video. It is very apparent the pain that this young man carries with him.Granted, this does not excuse his actions, but nevertheless, I could feel his pain.
I could see where we "lost" this young man. I pray that he will find it in his heart to forgive himself....because that right there, that interview...was just a "front". He was trying to act tough. But deep down inside, when he is alone, I bet he weeps for what he has just done.
And yes, the two people whom he gunned down, did not deserve this and I feel for their families as well. May they find peace in knowing that they will see their loved ones again...in another place and another time.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:18 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
It's so sad that the wife of one of the victims is immediately forgave the killers, and said one day she hopes her husband can meet the killers in heaven one day, shake their hands and forgive them. She never ones came across as angry, or hateful, she was a true example of what we should all be like.

Whatever may have happened to this man in his past is no excuse to murder two innocent people. Plenty of people of had a bad upbringing, and trauma in their past, its no excuse for him to do what he did.

I've said on these forums before, and I have believed since I knew DART rail was coming to Garland, and that all it would do was give low life criminal scum a quick ride from the the 'hood to a nicer area where they would commit crimes.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM

430 posts, read 1,359,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
I just saw the video. It is very apparent the pain that this young man carries with him.Granted, this does not excuse his actions, but nevertheless, I could feel his pain.
I could see where we "lost" this young man. I pray that he will find it in his heart to forgive himself....because that right there, that interview...was just a "front". He was trying to act tough. But deep down inside, when he is alone, I bet he weeps for what he has just done.
Actually, its part of his act to con the gullible into dropping their guard. Its part of his "interview" process as he stalks the urban savannah.

He has no empathy for anyone, not even himself and no one should think for a split second that they can "talk" to him at all.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
These guys would have robbed anywhere. Garland just happens to be the place they stopped at. This was a truly random crime. Dart rail running to Garland had nothing to do with it. They would have found a victim Downtown, uptown, North Park etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas