Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:40 PM

97 posts, read 355,891 times

Advertisements

In Seattle, with this crappy weather. But I don't feel that bad, cause you guys are having crappy weather too.

My head is swimming with all of the information that this wonderful board provides. Still trying to pin point where exactly I want to move to when I get there. I plan to hang out with my parents while the kids are with their dad, & possibly rent for about six months once I get a job. I've narrowed my for the cost of a house. It will be my 1st house, & I don't want to not be able to afford it & have a good life for me & the kids.

I am planning a trip out there in April. Hopefully that will help to cemment my decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 AM

549 posts, read 2,190,113 times
Just got back from a scouting trip in Frisco and I wanted to thank those who have answered my questions about Texas and Frisco on this board.

I wanted to thank a few members here for answering my questions and offering advice.

To MoMof2, Gopadge and Socketz, thanks for all of your insight. You are all very helpful.

I have to give Socketz a special thanks for introducing me to his agent.

Sorry if I missed anyone who provided advice that I did not acknowledge.

Now my wife and I need to decide if we want to make the move.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:16 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,132,720 times
You're welcome. Let us know if you need anything.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:06 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,405,037 times
NY - Dallas,

Which specific areas did you/your wife look at while you were out here ?

Is 5Bdr @ 275k still your cap ?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:47 AM
RH2

2 posts, read 4,141 times
Default How is Dallas,Texas to live Pro's Cons

We have lived in Fl for 12 years moved to CLT and we really don't like CLT. crime is high and the people are not friendly. Any suggestions on Dallas
new to the site

Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
NY - Dallas,

Which specific areas did you/your wife look at while you were out here ?

Is 5Bdr @ 275k still your cap ?
We saw the following in Frisco:

Grayhawk, Panther Creek,, Willow Bay, The trails, Griffin Parc, Cobb Hill and Pearson Farms.

We also took a ride into Stone Bridge Ranch in Mckinney

I like Griffin Parc the best, my wife didnt like it. We both liked Pearson Farms and if we do this we know it will be there we were able to find a DW with the floor plan and bedrooms we needed for 299,999.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Griffin Parc was my favorite at first as well. I believe this is because the homes there look more like what I'm used to. Over time, you will begin to think they look cheap compared to the equiv Texas style brick/stone homes.

Bowen is in that area, so they have some homes in your price range. However, I have not heard good things about Bowen.

Also, we all like the DWs in Pearson Farms ! I almost bought one (Fairchild), but their cost per square foot is alot higher than anything else in Frisco.

I think for your price range, the Trails may have the most to offer.

I take it you didn't care for Stonebridge Ranch ?

Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 AM

Yes heard the same thing about Bowen too :-) I like the homes there plus I liked everything about the community feel but my wife did not like the homes.

The problem is we definitely need to build due to how many bedrooms we want and where we want them so the trails would not work for us.

I think, I would have to double check that the cost per sq ft for the home we would want at Pearson was 100 per sq ft.

We went to La Cima in Stonebridge and it was very nice but we were so exhausted by that time plus we were pretty much set on Frisco before we came that we didnt want to start having to learn about Mckinney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Griffin Parc was my favorite at first as well. I believe this is because the homes there look more like what I'm used to. Over time, you will begin to think they look cheap compared to the equiv Texas style brick/stone homes.

Bowen is in that area, so they have some homes in your price range. However, I have not heard good things about Bowen.

Also, we all like the DWs in Pearson Farms ! I almost bought one (Fairchild), but their cost per square foot is alot higher than anything else in Frisco.

I think for your price range, the Trails may have the most to offer.

I take it you didn't care for Stonebridge Ranch ?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM

"We went to La Cima in Stonebridge and it was very nice but we were so exhausted by that time plus we were pretty much set on Frisco before we came that we didnt want to start having to learn about Mckinney."

Ironic. When I first started looking, all I looked at was Stonebridge, then the Realtor wanted to take me to Frisco....end of the week...burned out. We drove through for 30 mins and both my wife and I agreed that Stonebridge was nicer. That of course changed shortly thereafter for me as I went back to a full on search in Frisco. Then, it seemed like everything I wanted in Frisco had some catch to it. Mainly, for the price range I wanted (300kish), I wasn't that happy with anything. So my wife reverted back to "What about Stonebridge"...I then returned to the area I loved (La Cima) and found the last remaining lot on a greenbelt. Taxes are higher in Stonebridge, but I just got a better feel when I was out there vs. Frisco. It seems that Frisco always works out for me on paper, but I have never really gotten excited about it....since my time frame is short (2 years), I also worry that I will be competing head to head with new construction for many more years. Conversely, Stonebridge will be completely built out in 2 years. In the end though, I still love both spots. Stonebridge is so close to Frisco, I may run across you at the mall :-)

Old 02-07-2007, 12:05 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,739,579 times
What are "DW's" ?

thanks - b
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas