Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 07:23 AM

636 posts, read 1,916,389 times

Advertisements

For me traffic is probably the thing I like least. I know the Metroplex probably isn't nearly as bad as many other metropolitan areas, but it's not good by any means.

Cyclists: yes, IF they're licensed, it may be legal for them to be on the road. There are lots of things that may be legal, but not considerate. I could legally drive 5 miles an hour on almost every road in town. That would really **** people off.

To have miles of cars backed up at rush hour just so a handful of people can enjoy their selfish recreation is ridiculous. And yes, I have seen packs of them on major thoroughfares AT RUSH HOUR. Hopefully, after a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 AM

438 posts, read 1,783,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Okay, this is for those that DO like living in the Dallas area over most other places. What do you NOT like about it?
The teardown culture, which is closely related to Dallas' worship of the dollar above all else.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,754,626 times
The irrational hatred that some people can muster. Boggles the mind.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,925,871 times
Default Re:

That's nice - wishing bodily harm on people trying to save gas and doing nothing illegal. Yes, how dare the bicyclists use their legal right to use the roads.

It's pretty rare for a bike to be hit when it's riding in the middle of the lane, taking up the full traffic space it is legally allowed to use. It's always when they are hugging the curb to allow traffic to get by that they get rear-ended and sent flying.

After a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and ride smack dab in the center of the lanes, guaranteeing that traffic will be slowed. Would you like that?

Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,595,227 times
I think we need to gather all the data from this, create a poll to gather the #1 biggest issue, then forward the responses to city council.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
That's nice - wishing bodily harm on people trying to save gas and doing nothing illegal. Yes, how dare the bicyclists use their legal right to use the roads.

It's pretty rare for a bike to be hit when it's riding in the middle of the lane, taking up the full traffic space it is legally allowed to use. It's always when they are hugging the curb to allow traffic to get by that they get rear-ended and sent flying.

After a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and ride smack dab in the center of the lanes, guaranteeing that traffic will be slowed. Would you like that?
I acknowledged it might be legal, but nevertheless inconsiderate. Did you not read my post? Is backing up traffic at rush hour saving gas?

Actually, I don't wish bodily harm on them. I wish they would come to their senses without that happening. But based on their self centered actions, I don't see that as very likely. Get over it.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:57 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Cyclists: yes, IF they're licensed, it may be legal for them to be on the road. There are lots of things that may be legal, but not considerate. I could legally drive 5 miles an hour on almost every road in town. That would really **** people off.
There is no licensing for cyclists, however, cyclists are afforded every right to that road as motorists are.

Quote:
To have miles of cars backed up at rush hour just so a handful of people can enjoy their selfish recreation is ridiculous. And yes, I have seen packs of them on major thoroughfares AT RUSH HOUR.
My goodness, you certainly have a propensity for hyperbole. Major thoroughfares? You funny. Like Northwest Highway? Central? LBJ?

Quote:
Hopefully, after a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.
You wish that?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I acknowledged it might be legal, but nevertheless inconsiderate. Did you not read my post? Is backing up traffic at rush hour saving gas?
The traffic you are complaining about is backed up by traffic.

Quote:
Actually, I don't wish bodily harm on them. I wish they would come to their senses without that happening. But based on their self centered actions, I don't see that as very likely. Get over it.
I think you need to get over your own self-centeredness. So when are you heading to New York? You know, they do have critical mass rides in that state, just be glad we don't have them hear. If we did you would certainly have a point.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
There is no licensing for cyclists, however, cyclists are afforded every right to that road as motorists are.

My goodness, you certainly have a propensity for hyperbole. Major thoroughfares? You funny. Like Northwest Highway? Central? LBJ?

You wish that?
Again, now for the third time, the fact that it may be legal does not take away the fact that recreation for a few, at the expense of MANY, is rude and inconsiderate.

Hyperbole? Did I say NWHWY,Central, LBJ? Are those the onlty major thoroughfares in DFW?

Yes, I wish 'that', if by 'that' you mean I wish the rude and selfish people would stop their rude and selfish ways.

Might I suggest that you respond to the actual content of the post rather than letting your emotions guide you into making completely irrelevant points?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Again, now for the third time, the fact that it may be legal does not take away the fact that recreation for a few, at the expense of MANY, is rude and inconsiderate.

Hyperbole? Did I say NWHWY,Central, LBJ? Are those the onlty major thoroughfares in DFW?
New word for you?

Quote:
Yes, I wish 'that', if by 'that' you mean I wish the rude and selfish people would stop their rude and selfish ways.

Might I suggest that you respond to the actual content of the post rather than letting your emotions guide you into making completely irrelevant points?
Get a grip on your own emotions. What major thoroughfares are you talking about? I wish you would stop your rude and selfish road warrior mentality of wishing harm on people the your sake of your convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas