Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:59 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
Quoting the dictionary doesn't make one proficient at using it. I urge you to spend some quality time with it.

Yes, misused. I'll give you one example: Hwy5, Plano, and yes it was literally miles.
Oh please, now you are just making things up. During rush hour?

Quote:
I understand that. Apparently you don't understand sarcasm. And no, nothing is going to make you understand anything.
Nothing, anything? There you go with speaking in hyperbole.

Quote:

There are bills being continuously introduced, and the ones that fail, typically do so by slim margins. It is only a matter of time until you are single file, pal. It will only get worse for you from there.
It is only getting better, and that margin is increasing. Single file? It already is, however, cyclist can ride two abreast on a two lane road, until it impedes traffic, then it goes single file. But cyclists will be afforded the safe passing distance, Bud.

Quote:
Childish emotional outbusts are when you ask someone about going to NY because you can't put together a compelling argument, or when you make wild-eyed comments about someone snapping and plowing through a line of cyclists.
It was a comment on how if you don't like it here, you really won't like it in NY, especially if you get caught in one of the Critical Mass rides. Rest assured, there was no childish outburst. This is something you are going to have to get used to. Ridership is increasing, DART is becoming much more cyclist friendly. My own gas bill is usually $10 a week. As people get out of their cars to ride more, there will be less cars on the road.

Quote:
Yes, cars get backed up by other cars too; brilliant observation.
Well there you are. The instance of cyclist impeding the flow of traffic is so rare compared to just cares, your protest is so over inflated. That's another brilliant observation. YOu can think of one instace, how many instances can you think of traffic causing a backup of a magnitude of miles on a major thoroughfares? I see it every night on the news.

Quote:
All the more reason to not add FURTHER impediments. Bad day, nah. I have plenty of things to take care of that, that are a heck of a lot more fun than riding my bicycle. Not to mention, they are diversions that are less rude and inconsiderate than choosing to ride my bicyle down a thoroughfare in the middle of rush hour!
I wouldn't do that either. I wouldn't think you would. I don't know any that do. I do know I can ride all over Richardson, Addison, Plano, north Dallas, the Park Cities and downtown Dallas on bike routes, and only cross major thoroughfares, even during rush hour, in groups, and not impede traffic on any thoroughfares. WHy don't you come out and ride with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 10:02 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,753,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
What major thoroughfares are you talking about? I wish you would stop your rude and selfish road warrior mentality of wishing harm on people the your sake of your convenience.
He probably considers Lanshire Road up Flagpole hill a major road and is pissed that he has to pass bicyclists like me who can barely reach 5mph up that hill...

If someone in DFW of all places can get so worked up about bicyclists, that person has mental issues and should seek professional counseling.

This is a metro with thousands of miles of bicyclist free massive highways and it is just insane to get so worked up over maybe losing 30 seconds of your commute should you happen to encounter an example of the rare species of DFW bicylists who actually ride on a road that is 2 lanes only. And most roads here are 6 lanes anyways so I don't see what the big deal is. RIDICULOUS and RETARDED.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
True. I just don't care to be the one in the car that ends up being that there is no way to avoid them and someone gets hurt or worse and I have to witness it as well as my kids. Like the idiots that jump off a bridge and land on someones car. That person in the car had no choice in the matter and now they have to live w/ it everyday. As for avoiding them..... I try to but I'm not going to jerk my car over in front of oncoming traffic and get killed or kill somoene else that was innocent because of an idiot. If they choose to behave like an idiot then they are the ones that need to suffer the consequences. There are a TON of cyclists out there and for the most part do abide by the laws of the road. It is the ones that don't and put others in jeopardy that can get VERY frustrating and makes it dangerous for everyone on the roads.
It is very frustrating to us, too. On occasion, we have banned these poor cyclists from our ranks. One guy that was asked to leave, had as his livelyhood money won in lawsuits, suing car drivers, cycling clubs, etc. FYI, we are also motorists. But we don't wish anyone to get hit by cars to teach them a lesson. That is idiocy.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:15 AM

636 posts, read 1,916,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
He probably considers Lanshire Road up Flagpole hill a major road and is pissed that he has to pass bicyclists like me who can barely reach 5mph up that hill...

If someone in DFW of all places can get so worked up about bicyclists, that person has mental issues and should seek professional counseling.

This is a metro with thousands of miles of bicyclist free massive highways and it is just insane to get so worked up over maybe losing 30 seconds of your commute should you happen to encounter an example of the rare species of DFW bicylists who actually ride on a road that is 2 lanes only. And most roads here are 6 lanes anyways so I don't see what the big deal is. RIDICULOUS and RETARDED.

I am laughing so hard my side is splitting! It is so ironic that you are actually making my point for me! I make a perfectly on-topic post about how rude cyclists are, and I have one person who decides to threadjack and turn the whole thread into his own little selfish soapbox (quite incompetently, I might add), and another who uses insults such as 'retarded'.

You don't need ME to point out how rude and selfish you are, you do it yourselves whether you're on or off wheels!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Well he did give an example on Hwy 5 in Plano. I would not be on that during rush hour, and I can cruise at 20 - 25 mph.

Quote:

I think what is getting his panties in a wad is the "recreational" aspect of it while he is just trying to get home. That is frustrating. However, the problem is the comment:

Quote:
Hopefully, after a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.
It's the apparent hoping that cyclist getting hit that will teach them a lesson, that is inappropriate. A better way to phase it would have been. Unfortunately, it will only be after more are killed (which is usually the result of a car vs cyclist incident) they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.

Last edited by PanTerra; 07-10-2008 at 10:45 AM..

Old 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM

636 posts, read 1,916,074 times
Quote:
PanTerra Well he did give an example on Hwy 5 in Plano. I would not be on that during rush hour, and I can cruise at 20 - 25 mph.
See: it continues to be all about you. Was I talking about you when I made my initial post? Apparently not. Yet every post continues to be about what you do or what you don't do. Selfish tendencies? If the shoe doesn't fit, then why are you wearing it?

I stated what I saw and see. I was making a legitimate post on the topic, because it's something I encounter often and I don't like it. Why would I make anything up? If you claim to not participate in the things I complained about, then good for you. That doesn't mean that others don't do it. You may be the president of the largest club in the world, but that doesn't mean you speak for all cyclists everywhere.

Quote:
I think what is getting his panties in a wad is the "recreational" aspect of it while he is just trying to get home. That is frustrating.
Ah, but you're trying to reason with one who clearly never really read my post (or has no comprehension ability) and uses insults such as retaded. Think you're getting through?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settledindfw View Post

now geckos!?!

GECKOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: This is one thing I don't like!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:55 AM

2 posts, read 4,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
I don't like that we have Internet forums on Dallas and trolls are allowed in.
I don't like that some people in Dallas want to stop others from expressing an opinion that they might not agree with. Dallas has many, many undesirable qualities, but luckily the Nazis haven't completely taken over yet. At least not on the internet.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 AM

1,004 posts, read 3,753,830 times
Quote:
You don't need ME to point out how rude and selfish you are, you do it yourselves whether you're on or off wheels!
Those words would mean something if they wouldn't come from a psychopath who would hope that further bodily harm through accidents teaches bicyclists a lesson.
I take it as a compliment to be called rude by a person like you.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
See: it continues to be all about you. Was I talking about you when I made my initial post? Apparently not. Yet every post continues to be about what you do or what you don't do. Selfish tendencies? If the shoe doesn't fit, then why are you wearing it?
Come on. Of course it is about me when you brushed such a broad stroke. You only defined it until later. And was only referring to some instance that is so rare in the metroplex, that it excluded me and pretty much every other cyclist that I ride with. You were sounding like some drivers we have actually encountered on rides that intentionally tried to "discourage" our being on the road with their vehicle, as they hope it will take a few more deaths of cyclists will teach us a lesson.

Quote:
I stated what I saw and see. I was making a legitimate post on the topic, because it's something I encounter often and I don't like it. Why would I make anything up? If you claim to not participate in the things I complained about, then good for you. That doesn't mean that others don't do it. You may be the president of the largest club in the world, but that doesn't mean you speak for all cyclists everywhere.
Nor would I claim that.

Quote:
Ah, but you're trying to reason with one who clearly never really read my post (or has no comprehension ability) and uses insults such as retaded. Think you're getting through?
I am trying.

edited in previous post

Quote:
However, the problem is the comment:

Quote:
Hopefully, after a few more get hit, they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.
It's the apparent hoping that cyclist getting hit that will teach them a lesson, that is inappropriate. A better way to phase it would have been. Unfortunately, it will only be after more are killed (which is usually the result of a car vs cyclist incident) they will gather their wits and cease their ridiculous, self centered folly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas