Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 PM

31 posts, read 105,462 times

Advertisements

I was contacted by the container store corp office for an interview for possible position in their corp office. Since they are a private company there is not a lot of into on the web about them. I know they have been voted a top place to work, thus was wondering if anyone had any information about them, or worked for them.
Also was wondering about Coppell, texas and surrounding towns. Our family of 4 ( two small children ages 8 and 6) would be relocating from Boca Raton, Fla. We are a Jewish, Italian family from the Northeast that has lived in Fla the past ten year.
I have heard the Dallas area has many nice suburbs and nice people. If everything did work out down the road we would be looking for a house in the 300-400K range with good school systems, with nice suburban feel.
Any information on any of above would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 05:48 PM

595 posts, read 2,721,716 times
Coppell is a good place to live. There is also the Southlake, Grapevine areas. Very desired school districts. You would be able to get a lot of house for that money in a nice neighborhood. No big worries about being jewish or italian! hehe! You will find that Texans don't know what "true" italian food is....but we've cornered the market in Tex-Mex!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM

thanks very much

Old 07-16-2008, 07:18 PM

424 posts, read 1,816,564 times
Default I love coppell

Coppell is a wonderful place. Awesome school district. You should easily find a nice house in the 200s and 300s. It is extremely family oriented.

Please check it out. You'll love it. What else can I say?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
container store has been voted one of the top places to work for years--in the store and I think the main office--
most people are very happy from the stories that I have read and many of them are long time employees--but Container Store was due to be bought out--the people who started it were selling I though--might still be private vs public co though

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...pshots/20.html

http://www.containerstore.com/careers/fortune2008.jhtml?message=/repository/messages/fortune2008.jhtml (broken link)

http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Co...RecursionCnt=1

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/st...25/story1.html

http://brandautopsy.typepad.com/bran...ers_from_.html

I don't know what you mean by not finding info about it on-line--
maybe you were looking for something more incisive

Coppell is nice town--convenient to DFW airport--schools are good--not much crime--
I like how they do their signage--low to the ground--not obtrusive like most places in metroplex--

OP--checked your posting history--you have been trying to get out of FL for quite a while
good luck...

Last edited by loves2read; 07-16-2008 at 11:56 PM..

Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Well, I can't tell you much about working at the container store, but I can tell you that I love to shop there!!!

I can indeed tell you that Coppell is very desirable and as Catlvr said, the school district if very good. It is more of a bedroom community but you don't have to drive too far for shopping or dining. Vista Ridge Mall is just north of there, and in Las Colinas and Valley Ranch, there is just as much to explore.

It seems there are a lot more people from Florida moving here too. I am working with 2 families from Boynton Beach and another one from Tampa moving here. I understand that your market is pretty bad right now.

Welcome to Texas!

Naima

Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
Another voice to say yes, Coppell is a great town with great schools etc...it's a very diverse suburb so don't worry about fitting in etc...
Houses..for your range you will do well.
A BIG PLUS, if you take the job you could have the most envied commute in the area! (Imagine ACTUALLY being able to live in the town you work in!!)

Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
container store has been voted one of the top places to work for years--in the store and I think the main office--
most people are very happy from the stories that I have read and many of them are long time employees--but Container Store was due to be bought out--the people who started it were selling I though--might still be private vs public co though

100 Best Companies to Work For 2008: Container Store snapshot | FORTUNE

The Container Store > Careers > News Release (http://www.containerstore.com/careers/fortune2008.jhtml?message=/repository/messages/fortune2008.jhtml - broken link)

The Container Store Employer Info on CareerBuilder

Container Store taps investors - Dallas Business Journal:

Brand Autopsy: Leftovers from the Category Killers BBBT

I don't know what you mean by not finding info about it on-line--
maybe you were looking for something more incisive

Coppell is nice town--convenient to DFW airport--schools are good--not much crime--
I like how they do their signage--low to the ground--not obtrusive like most places in metroplex--

OP--checked your posting history--you have been trying to get out of FL for quite a while
good luck...
thanks, yes sick of fla, met with soe companies, offered couple of jobs but we didnt like the area. We have friends in Dallas who love it there, we would prefer Dallas, charlotte, or possibly suburbs of atlanta, lot of opportuntites for my wife as well in her field of work. Thanks for the info.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Well, I can't tell you much about working at the container store, but I can tell you that I love to shop there!!!

I can indeed tell you that Coppell is very desirable and as Catlvr said, the school district if very good. It is more of a bedroom community but you don't have to drive too far for shopping or dining. Vista Ridge Mall is just north of there, and in Las Colinas and Valley Ranch, there is just as much to explore.

It seems there are a lot more people from Florida moving here too. I am working with 2 families from Boynton Beach and another one from Tampa moving here. I understand that your market is pretty bad right now.

Welcome to Texas!

Naima

thanks, the market is horrific, we have a gorgeous home we bought 4 yrs ago, 7 yrs old, put 50K in upgrades n huge lot, upscale neighborhood, were preying we can just break even, no way we get the 50K in upgrades back though. We are sick of Florida, and our friends love Dallas, plus so many fine companies there for my wife to also work for etc. Just tough since I am sure there is local talent as well in the states folks want to move to so we shall see. Thanks so much. Go Cowboys

Old 07-17-2008, 05:47 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,883,491 times
just FYI... Traffic is ALOT worse in the suburbs of Atlanta.
(although the area is very pretty) That was our second choice to here. Schools in the DFW metroplex are ALOT better on a whole than ATL area schools.
We REALLY liked Aplharetta area and found homes and schools pretty on par with here. (just a smaller area to look and choose from)

GOOD luck with whatever you decide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas