Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
Lifertexan and momof2 have convinced me that I should use a custom builder

Now, I just want to know how many people here on this forum plan to build custom homes.

Within DFW (in the 250-350k price range), are there more custom builder homes or more mass produced homes
What do you know about other mass produced products. Do handmade or mass produced items retain their value longer, is the quality any different? Custom builders build only what you want - whether it's an octagon shaped three level with a bell tower or a majestic mediterranean with contained courtyard. I'm a custom builder and have built both for customers. You are the boss with the custom builder - tract builder - not so much. DFW is thick with tract builders, and they certainly can offer lots of square footage for the money - custom builders work well for those that know where they want to live, and what they want to live in.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
We had a custom home built a few years back. It turned out fabulous and the builder helped us design it, took up to see granite, light fixture, hardware, etc. Everything we need or had concerns with he mapped it out for us. When we thought of a custom home, we wanted a builder that only did custom homes and not model homes with "different options". We chose a company called BP Signature Homes.

If you are interested feel free to PM me and I will give you their contact information.

We completely recommend going with a company that only does custom homes rather then a bigger company that has models to choose from. We liked the idea of having the freedom to choose anything we wanted in the home and not have to choose from a list.

We are overly satisfied with the home we have and wish we would have gone down this path sooner!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas