Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2006, 09:23 AM

3 posts, read 8,407 times

Advertisements

Hi All

I am sure the question has now been asked a million times, but here goes. I have recently accepted a job opportunity that will be based in the Irving area. At first I want to rent apartment/home near enough to be able to sample a little bit of what Dallas has to offer as far as night live goes. So I don't want to live too far out, but also want to avoid and "bad" areas. I am in a fortunate position that the rent value is not that big a concern, so I am happy to pay that little extra for a nice neighbourhood. I have been looking at some loft apartments, but most of them get very poor ratings on removed, so I am a little confused. Some of my colleagues live in the Keller area and they said that the commute is not to bad and it is a nice area, however I think this may be little too far out for me. Any suggestions advice will be greatly appreciated. I am also a keen rugby player so anyone out there that knows of some good local clubs, please let me know.

Last edited by Yac; 05-26-2006 at 01:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2006, 12:05 PM

702 posts, read 2,723,149 times
Just stay in Irving! Check out the Lofts at Las Colinas Apartments and many of the the others that are in the area. Keller is nice but it mostly consists of single family homes and the commute can be horrible. Try driving down the 114 and 121 area and you'll see for yourself!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:45 AM

3 posts, read 8,407 times
Thanks for the info Texan#1. I have been looking at those very lofts, they look good, but a few complaints about the management company, but then again I have yet to find a place that people don't complain about it.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:51 PM

702 posts, read 2,723,149 times
dallashereicome, if you're into the city life I suggest you give Uptown Dallas a look. There are lots of bars, restaurants, and stores there. Also, the area is full of young urban professionals so it would be easier for you to meet people there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas