Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 06:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times

Advertisements

I've been sending out resumes for like almost 3 weeks.....sniff sniff

I went to an in house interview and the lady who interviewed me didn't even stand up to shake my hand. She was spaced out and complaining that she doesn't do interviews and doesn't know what to ask. I was so offended and angered by her behavior. Naturally, I didn't get the job since she wanted to talk about herself and desired to know almost nothing about me. She said she needed somebody with more experience...funny how she didn't say that over the phone when she called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:04 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post

I went to an in house interview and the lady who interviewed me didn't even stand up to shake my hand. She was spaced out and complaining that she doesn't do interviews and doesn't know what to ask. I was so offended and angered by her behavior. Naturally, I didn't get the job since she wanted to talk about herself and desired to know almost nothing about me. She said she needed somebody with more experience...funny how she didn't say that over the phone when she called.

What kind of work do you do?

Old 07-28-2008, 06:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
how long is a piece of string?

Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
3 inches everyone knows that

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
how long is a piece of string?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
Quote:

If your skills are in demand you will find a job very easily. If not, then not so much. Good luck. The good news is that the dallas job market is a lot more strong than other markets. My two cents to you is to just send out as many resumes as you can. Browse craiglist job section everyday. Use the local newspaper job section. Do research on local companies in your area.

If you can't find a job fast enough and you are currently unemployed without unemployment insurance then start looking for ANY job just to make some extra cash.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,458,265 times
You say nothing about your education, experience, industries worked, perceived local connections, etc. ... Not even touching on non-politically correct issues ... Also, what type of positions are you trying to get?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:

Sending out resumes is not the coolest thing to do unless you're following up at each place you send. Do you realize how many resumes a company may get now with so much done online? I understand your frustration with the self-centered interviewer, but one must do more than send out resumes when job hunting.

Do you not go to these places in person and fill out applications? That seems to me to be a must.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:16 AM

172 posts, read 509,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Sending out resumes is not the coolest thing to do unless you're following up at each place you send. Do you realize how many resumes a company may get now with so much done online? I understand your frustration with the self-centered interviewer, but one must do more than send out resumes when job hunting.

Do you not go to these places in person and fill out applications? That seems to me to be a must.
Most places these days do not have in house applications that you can fill out. They tell you to go fill it out on the internet.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,153 times
Quote:

What do you do? What is your profession?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,273,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHJohn View Post
Most places these days do not have in house applications that you can fill out. They tell you to go fill it out on the internet.
Yes, but in my estimation, a follow-up call would be a good idea. How sad we've become so impersonal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas