Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 01:03 AM

132 posts, read 660,905 times

Advertisements

I know that football is huge in the area, but what about youth football ages 6-10? Are there tackle football leagues for children starting at say 6 and up? If so, what are the organizations names?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:30 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Yes, there are organizations, and I believe there are tackle leagues at the older end of the range you gave, not sure about the 6yos. But DFW is quite large, so we need more info about where you are looking to give the names of organizations.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
SportsLink Spring Valley Athletic Association
Spring Valley Athletic Association is a big one. Flag football until 3rd grade. Tackle football starting at 4th grade.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Yes, there are organizations, and I believe there are tackle leagues at the older end of the range you gave, not sure about the 6yos. But DFW is quite large, so we need more info about where you are looking to give the names of organizations.
Yes, they are plentiful in this area. Richardson has one and Garland has a HUGE PeeWee football organization. I don't think there is an area around that does not have something. As others have said, flag football for the younger ages then tackle as they get a bit older. As Murphy said, what area are you looking into then we can pinpoint the specific leagues for you to check out. I know practices for Garland just started this week.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:55 AM

Thank you for the responces so far! I may be relocating to the area within the next month, and have been looking at Plano, Richardson, Frisco, and Garland. I will be moving from Virginia Beach,VA and around here we start tackle at 5 yrs old. My son is 6, and played tackle last year. At first thought, many think that it is to young to tackle. Last year we consulted our pediatrician about it, and his concern was proper fitting equipment to avoid injury. He said at that age they were more likely to get hurt riding bikes, skateboarding, climbing trees, etc.. When they start tacking at a younger age, they are much more prepared for schoolastic level football when they have 4-5 yrs more experience "hitting" then those who play flag until 9 or 10 yrs old. There are 3 different associations that have leagues in our area, Pop Warner, AYFL, and NYFL. Being that football is so huge in your area, I am surprised there isnt at least a Pop Warner team in your area.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Here's the Garland Pee-Wee football website.

Garland Pee Wee Football Association - (Garland, TX) - powered by LeagueLineup.com

Old 08-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Once again, thanks for the responces. I found a Pop Warner league for North Texas. It appears to be mainly Dallas and Fort Worth Inner City teams. That was generally the issue here, and why different organizations were created. Please look at the link and from the areas stated, which would be the closest to the areas north of Dallas? Thanks!

North Texas Pop Warner Football League - (DALLAS, TX) - powered by LeagueLineup.com

http://www.leaguelineup.com/links.as...&sid=252634827

Old 08-06-2008, 02:12 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4pits View Post
Please look at the link and from the areas stated, which would be the closest to the areas north of Dallas? Thanks!
None. They are all to the south, east or west of Dallas. Talk about a time waster having to go back and forth almost every day for practices and games. You would not want to pick one on the Southeast side of Dallas and you wind up living in the Northwest part of Dallas County.

I'd try the local peewee associatoins before going that route.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:52 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
Plano, Garland and Frisco all have leagues. Richardson seems to be covered by the SVAA mentioned above.

PLANO FOOTBALL LEAGUE - WHERE LEGENDS BEGIN (broken link)
Garland Pee Wee Football Association - (Garland, TX) - powered by LeagueLineup.com
Home - Frisco Football League

Once you know where you are going to be, you can google CityName and youth football league and probably get a response for most of the mid and large sized cities. Smaller cities, like Murphy where I live, will participate in the leagues in neighboring cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas