Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:43 PM

20 posts, read 52,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
Erm, they don't sell liquor either. Beer and wine only.

Jefari-al-texani;
Uh I just googled Balch Springs and liquor in and got 70 thousand threads and sights on why Balch Springs voted to become a wet town and many people are mad and choosing to go to different grocery stores so they dont have to look at all the liqour ads in Balch Springs stores. Obviously about 7 million people disagree with you, I dont know what to tell you. But sense my Google sources say different and you like to argue rediculous points Im dropping out of this argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 PM

869 posts, read 2,954,923 times
You can't even spell, why would I want to argue with you?

I know the difference between liquor and beer and wine, it's quite obvious you don't.

So go ahead, drive into Balch Springs and buy a bottle of vodka. Oh, that's right, you can't. But once again, I'm just a big dumb person, and you are the smart!

Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM

6,820 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Like stated Balch Springs is simply beer & wine. No Liquor sales allowed.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Like stated Balch Springs is simply beer & wine. No Liquor sales allowed.
But the Doorsbaby is smart. You is stupid like me. We knows nothing!

Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 AM

339 posts, read 1,436,175 times
To a total non-drinker, which I can only assume the OP is, I guess this could be a head-scratcher....even after previous posters' distinct clarification. So allow my experienced liver to break it down:

Liquor stores sell the hard stuff--BOOZE. Balch Springs has no liquor stores. These places stock your your gin, scotch, tequila, etc. And the clear stuff highschoolers pour into punch bowls that takes the enamel off your teeth. These particular spirits may only be purchased at a liquor store. Liqueurs may also be purchased there, but that's for next time.

The "beer store" sells only beer and wine and some watered down rip-offs of schnapps, pre-mixed margaritas, infused 'weak' stuff. Adult beverages sold at these stores, markets, gas stations, etc., may not exceed a certain alcohol content. So that means no 80 proof liquors or any of the hard stuff can be sold, but many North Texas towns that do not allow liquor sales beyond restaurants and bars, have elected to approve beer and wine. So that would make a city at least partially 'wet'.

Typically around these parts, you can purchase beer and wine at a liquor store, however you cannot purchase liquor at a beer store or family market.

So calling a place that only sells beer and wine a liquor store is like calling every soft drink flavor a 'Coke'. But it is not an all-purpose term. There can be a beer store right next to a liquor store and the two keep separate hours and adhere to separate laws. I know I must sound condescending, doorsbaby, but if this is the cause of your confusion I hope this helps?? Surely.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:22 AM

636 posts, read 1,916,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
To a total non-drinker, which I can only assume the OP is, I guess this could be a head-scratcher....even after previous posters' distinct clarification. So allow my experienced liver to break it down:

Liquor stores sell the hard stuff--BOOZE. Balch Springs has no liquor stores. These places stock your your gin, scotch, tequila, etc. And the clear stuff highschoolers pour into punch bowls that takes the enamel off your teeth. These particular spirits may only be purchased at a liquor store. Liqueurs may also be purchased there, but that's for next time.

The "beer store" sells only beer and wine and some watered down rip-offs of schnapps, pre-mixed margaritas, infused 'weak' stuff. Adult beverages sold at these stores, markets, gas stations, etc., may not exceed a certain alcohol content. So that means no 80 proof liquors or any of the hard stuff can be sold, but many North Texas towns that do not allow liquor sales beyond restaurants and bars, have elected to approve beer and wine. So that would make a city at least partially 'wet'.

Typically around these parts, you can purchase beer and wine at a liquor store, however you cannot purchase liquor at a beer store or family market.

So calling a place that only sells beer and wine a liquor store is like calling every soft drink flavor a 'Coke'. But it is not an all-purpose term. There can be a beer store right next to a liquor store and the two keep separate hours and adhere to separate laws. I know I must sound condescending, doorsbaby, but if this is the cause of your confusion I hope this helps?? Surely.
This tells me nothing about where I can buy liquer.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:06 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorsbaby View Post
Jefari-al-texani;
Uh I just googled Balch Springs and liquor in and got 70 thousand threads and sights on why Balch Springs voted to become a wet town and many people are mad and choosing to go to different grocery stores so they dont have to look at all the liqour ads in Balch Springs stores. Obviously about 7 million people disagree with you, I dont know what to tell you. But sense my Google sources say different and you like to argue rediculous points Im dropping out of this argument.
Just because one "googles" those terms and they get some "hits" does not mean that is the TRUTH nor does that mean they are ALL about "we don't want liquor sold in Balch Springs"! Many people can post blogs, posts on forums, their myspace accounts, etc about ANY subject. As others have said......... beer and wine are NOT the same as "liquor". The two are totally different and each are governed by a different set of laws.

As for the "70 thousand threads" you got by just "google".......... come on.... really? THAT many.

And where on earth did this one come from:
"Obviously about 7 million people disagree with you."

7 million people don't even live w/in 50 miles of Balch Springs.

Do yourself a favor, go to school and pay CLOSE attention. Don't be the first to throw your hand up to answer a question. Instead take the time to keep your mouth closed and your ears WIDE OPEN. You might come away with something to help get you out of the area your living in that is sooooooo bad.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
This tells me nothing about where I can buy liquer.
The same place you can play poker in the rear!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:36 AM

My reaction is based upon the reaction of Balch Springs citizens, they were a town that did not sell beer and wine and now they do, many people are against it. Infact, the fact that your fighting me so hard shows that you are all ignorant because I actually dont care about this topic, I dont live in Balch Springs and dont buy liquor there so why would I even care?

Actually I havnt even given you an acurate reaction of mine, Im only telling you the way my sister and many of her friends have reacted and the many websights Ive read about people saying theyre leaving Balch Springs over it. So you can just stop embarrssing yourselves by fighting me so hard I dont give a crap, Im only mimicking the reactions of many people I know in Balch Springs if you have a problem with that talk to them not me,there are several threads on the net about people complaining about it talk to them not me.

I dont give a crap, and the fact that your fighting this hard against me over something that doesnt affect me in any way that I dont care about, shows how ignorant and inmature you are.

Its silly and childish to throw a fit about such silly unimportant things.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 AM

Here Jefar or whatever your name is, you want to fight me so bad, I dont even want to fight over this this is how little I actually care about fighting you, here here you go. You can officially be the winner over this stupid argument for which i dont giv e a %%%t about here you go.

Baclh Springs is not wet.I stand corrected , you happy now, youve just won the argument.

Now go find somewhere else to play and fight against where someone actually cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas