Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 AM

333 posts, read 1,021,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
you would have to pay the ticket and pay for defensice driving. It doesn't discount your ticket. But, you can tell your auto insurance you took a defesive course recently and they could (maybe) lower your rate by 3-5%....but to me that is not worth it.
That is not exactly true. If you plead NO CONTEST and apply to Defensive Driving, you only pay court costs (usually around $100) plus cost of Defensive Driving (about $30). After completion of the DD, your ticket is DISMISSED, but you can only do this once in a 12 month period.

For the original poster, since you've already paid your ticket, that means you prob plead GUILTY and it is a little too late to try and get it dismissed unless you have the money to hire an attorney. The whole Defensive Driving thing is something you have to ask the Court (there is an application to fill out) for permission to attend BEFORE you go.

For the multiple posts above inquiring how much their speeding tickets are, you just go the Police website for whatever area you received your ticket in (May not necessarily be Dallas, could be one of the subs, so LOOK at your ticket) For example, I received one on US-75 but it was City of Richardson. Make sense? From the police website they will have a link that usually says Pay Tickets or Court etc. and from there you can find out how much your ticket is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:21 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,954 times
Court costs are $108 to be exact (when I got mine a few weeks ago)

Old 01-03-2012, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,035 times
How much is a speeding ticket in a construction zone w/no workers in dallas anyone know? just got one today and was just curious??/I will pay thhe fine just wanted a ballpark figure....?????

Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 PM

207 posts, read 506,282 times
if the workers aren't present then the ticket is the normal price i believe. and doesn't the cost of a speeding ticket depend on how many mph you were going over the speed limit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: