Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 AM

308 posts, read 1,232,010 times

Advertisements

As a follow up to my other threads with maps of where to live in Dallas, here is a map of the Best Places to Live in East Dallas.

These areas are the best of East Dallas, and have the nicest homes, the best neighborhoods (or even best portion of the neighborhood) and some of the highest values, lower crime, and not to mention they are some of the nicest and aesthetically pleasing parts of all of Dallas.

These areas are single family homes, and you are looking at $500k minimum for most homes contained here.

I would recommend anyone wanting to move in East Dallas to look at these areas.

The BEST Places to Live in East Dallas - CommunityWalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 04:02 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,433,841 times
Have you ever been to East Dallas?
By what possible logic do you not include; The lofts at Mockingbird Station, Munger Place, Junius Heights, oh it isn't worth naming the many other wonderful neighborhoods full of historic homes, great schools, and lots of families you left off. I'd be here all night.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
Completely wrong and lacking.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 AM

These are the best areas in East Dallas. I have included other great areas in East Dallas, in the Preferred Places to Live Thread: Preferred Places to Live in Dallas

FYI: The Lofts at Mockingbird are mainly rental apartments, so I did not include them.
Munger Place is beautiful and included on the "preferred" area, but the proximitely to crime and everything south of Columbia Ave, and South/West of Fitzugh disqualifies it from the "best" list.

Junius Heights is a transitional area and close to high crime areas as well.

This list is the "best", i.e. the nicest areas, not run down, no drug dens, the people actually care about keeping their area nice (lawns mowed, trash picked up, ect..)., beautiful tree-lined streets, wonderful older homes, ect..

Also, these areas are not transitional, and just about every old house is well kept and most have been renovated, so you do not have the problem of having a neighbor with toilet in their front lawn among other trash next door to your well kept home (Yes, I have personally seen this).

Old 09-24-2008, 04:27 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Shall we start eliminating streets in Bill's neighborhood?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:04 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
LOL!!! I want to know if he has personally been in EVERY SINGLE house in those "safe areas" since he said, "most have been renovated". Maybe we should get a more detailed map and blackball each house one by one and of course the neighbors house since it would be next to and/or across the street from an "eyesore".

Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! I want to know if he has personally been in EVERY SINGLE house in those "safe areas" since he said, "most have been renovated". Maybe we should get a more detailed map and blackball each house one by one and of course the neighbors house since it would be next to and/or across the street from an "eyesore".
That would be a great idea. Maybe you could also write the owners of the eyesore a letter and ask them to have a little pride of ownership and pick up the trash/mow the lawn, and maybe put a little paint on fading wood trim.

It's a shame that there are some of these rundown houses in an otherwise perfect street, where to owners just don't give a d*mn.

Luckily, on the map I have shown areas where most houses have been renovated or taken care of *on the outside*, since I have not seen the inside and do not really care, and yes, I have seen the outsides of them all. Most of the neglectful owners have sold out, which is part of the reason for being the best.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You could narrow down the area to the best streets or even the best houses in all of East Dallas, but what would be the point?

This shows the best areas and helps out a lot more people. Those who are outpriced for the "Best" can still live in the "Preferred" areas for less.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 AM

176 posts, read 541,705 times
I am a renter needing an apartment, so I guess by your exclusion of Mockingbird Lofts that once I move in to the area it goes from "Best" to "Preferred."
Seriously though, the map provides a great generalized starting point for those like me who were completely clueless on where to start- though neighborhoods always seem to vary from block to block or house to house. But what "good" neighborhood is crime-free? Burglaries happen to homes in the nicest neighborhoods with all the good stuff inside those well-kept houses, so that's a tough reason to exclude a neighborhood. Personally, I think my apartment is safer from crime than these homes and is not to be excluded just because it is for rent.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
So Bill, tell us if there is any place in Lake Highlands that is safe..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: