Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,862 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the comments! Dallas was easy to shoot pics of as there was great content was everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Dayum!!!! Great photos, bro! Do you lay down in the street to take them???
No, I didn't lay down for any of the shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense View Post
Those pictures are EXCELLENT!! What kind of camera did you take them with? You did a great job....thanks for sharing!!
Fuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
looks pretty cool. I noticed there isn't much trash around. Is it always like that? or?
The Uptown area and the Museum district were very clean, downtown had it's grit just like any other city. But overall it was clean. Just 5 years ago, there were only 2,000 people living downtown, not that is over 10,000 and growing. As more residents move in, the better kept the streets will become. Victory Plaza is a great addition to helping encourage residential/downtown living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStrom View Post
Great photos! I visited there in August for school and did not see many of the paces that you photographed. It looks like a different city! Where were you?
Stayed in the Cedar Springs area, but shots are of downtown and Uptown area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Did you photoshop all the cranes and construction out of those pictures?? Our skyline these days is constant cranes everywhere...
The only real crane activity is in the Victory Plaza and Uptown areas. Construction nationally has slowed and there are no new cranes in central business district of Dallas. There are, however, some incredible new residential developments just outside the CBD, I only shoot completed structures as this gives me reason to return to see what the cranes will eventually complete. Victory Plaza will help bring people downtown for events but more residential will need to happen around the south end of downtown.

Texas, like Coloradans, like their yards and big houses, so many choose they live outside the city. But both states are seeing the trends of people wanting true city life and moving to the core. Whether it is for economic reasons of just to be part of the action, it is nice to see plus good for reduced traffic and pollution. The only downside is that in Denver, it is incredibly expensive to live in the core, south downtown Dallas, on the other hand, still has some deals available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:05 AM

428 posts, read 1,396,255 times
Killer2021, I had a friend from austria come last year to dallas. The thing that surprised him the most was how clean the city is. For being a city of 5-6 million is pretty neat.

And Yes, its always like this!! We are quite a livable and impecable place.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:19 AM

468 posts, read 1,886,699 times
Excellent Photos! I too am interest in what you used to take these. I wish I had the time to go on a photo expedition like this!

Photo "Dallas056" I remember as the hotel the Beatles stayed in.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 AM

202 posts, read 567,984 times
Default Gosh I miss Dallas

you brought me back for awhile there,,,, fabulous.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:39 AM
MDE

20 posts, read 54,835 times
You have a good eye. My workplace was featured in about a dozen of the photos -- as were many other places in a 2-block radius -- I've never noticed many of the details your photos bring out.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Absolutely wonderful pics of Big D. I've always loved the Uptown area and they have some great, new architecture.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:35 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,862 times
Thank you all again for the compliments!

Denver Aztec

Old 10-03-2008, 07:33 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,097 times
Awesome photos!! DFW rocks!! DFW is spacious, modern, powerful...I love it!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:36 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,569 times
Wow I have to get over to the Museum, great art displays.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,715 times
thanks for posting those. We just moved to texas, near sherman, but haven't been to dallas yet. great pics!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas